Building on the Vet/Beer challenge....

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Re: Building on the Vet/Beer challenge....

Postby HAMMERTIME » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 am

i have to admit....for the first time since i wadded myself...i'm a bit down i couldn't train and get up for this race. i don't think about mx anymore cause of my streetbike involvement....but man, i'd love to do this one!
Brett Lee
Province/State: Ontario

Postby Brett Lee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:25 am

In the hotel at Kamloops...your Vet Update.

I have not gotten any "champs" on the line yet, but we do have the start of something cool. I think I will be in the 25-30 riders range when it all goes down, which I am happy with. I think there will be lots of guys wishing they were there. I have heard some Albertonians are on their way.

Lots of people calling saying, they just want to go out have some fun.

The track is gunna be pretty good, a lot of work to go though. By brother was there till 9 last night, and we both headed out before six today. The track is the opposite way it was last year anyways, so a lot of the jumps are out of place. It is getting worked though. It will be rough, and from the sounds of it hot. Remeber social after with Billy, Gauldy and everyone. Monster Party Satruday night. And some cool racing on Sunday. I really looking forward to it.
eddie
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby eddie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:28 pm

"Albertonians" ...... maybe some albertans even .... :lol: :wink:
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Postby pillow » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am

I got a rundown on how much beer Billy figured he would need for this...trust me, he's short...

I know how many beers a WEST COAST "vet" rider who is now a professional beer drinker can consume...

I'm bringing back up...Bowen Island Lager 15 pack, only $18.95 at the liquor store near you :!
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
RacerX8

Postby RacerX8 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:49 am

HAMMERTIME wrote:i have to admit....for the first time since i wadded myself...i'm a bit down i couldn't train and get up for this race. i don't think about mx anymore cause of my streetbike involvement....but man, i'd love to do this one!

Why did your racing career come to an end anyway, I've never heard. I know your wayyyyyyyyyy over the hill now, lol. I take it you had a serious crash when you say you wadded yourself.
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:39 am

i broke my neck ten years ago....had a mild spinal cord injury. can ride nopmal on pavement, but my left leg won't stay on the peg for mx.
RacerX8

Postby RacerX8 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm

HAMMERTIME wrote:i broke my neck ten years ago....had a mild spinal cord injury. can ride nopmal on pavement, but my left leg won't stay on the peg for mx.

Sounds like a bad deal, pavement it is then. I can relate, broken neck 13 years ago, severed nerves in arm, can't hang on to bars as well. Who am I kidding that's what duct tape is for.
bigguns4444

Postby bigguns4444 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Did his event ever happen ??? I know a lot of these guys and it sounds fun!!
bigwave
the ultimate god
Province/State: Ontario

Postby bigwave » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 am

bigguns4444 wrote:Did his event ever happen ??? I know a lot of these guys and it sounds fun!!

It did! I was at the Kamloops event and Whistler Beer supplied a keg of Bowen Island Lager that was , unfortunately, skunky. Fortunately, they also supplied a bunch of flats of cans so we made out all right.
I've got some photos of it stashed away somewhere that I can dig up when I get a chance.
There were burgers and dogs and it was a great time.

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"

Return to “motoRcross chat:”