So its been a few years now...

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

roscoe33
Province/State: Ontario

Re: So its been a few years now...

Postby roscoe33 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 am

Medical stats are very hard to comply and trust the results...
who is going to fund the study ?
The funding behind the scenes has more to do with the results than any test results that might be found, if it's leatt then you already know what the results will be, if it's the medical field my guess is they will conclude MX racing is too risky...

do they even make crash test dummies for motorcycles ?
The older I get the faster I used to be.
4oh1-tee-kay
Frosted Tips, they're grrrrreat!

Postby 4oh1-tee-kay » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:38 am

What about the AMA or the FIM? They must know how many serious injuries happen at their races right? One would think that broken necks would be something they would keep track of.......
Stiner738
Hmmmm....I may not be here long.

Postby Stiner738 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 pm

I'd like to see some stats as well. I know like 50 people that think they'd be in a wheelchair if they weren't wearing it. Every hard crash O man I'm so glad I had my leatt on
dk580
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby dk580 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 pm

I think either way I wouldnt want find out what some crashes turned out like with out one. It might not save every neck in every crash but at least it lowers the chances of a broken neck. just like a helmet lowers your chances of a concussion, still happens just less likley and less severe. It has to at least helped 1 out of the 1000 people claiming it saved there ass.
swampy39
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby swampy39 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:22 am

RACEGUY wrote:Dusty also chose to forego the chest protector which resulted in some seriously painful burns, which I'm sure was the first domino in his AMA Supercross mis-cue.

Sorry 'bout that Dusty. I just believe in protective gear.

How many of us would opt out of goggles, gloves, or good boots?
i cant think of any sx racers that wear a full chest protector
ACE

Postby ACE » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 am

I noticed colts not wearing one anymore...yet he was one of the first....the only thing is..... I noticed alot of riders that wear the leatt ...do not wear a chest protector....why your spine is still exsposed to a footpeg ect...... ? also .... Ive always thought leatts are good for neck injury........but do you pay a price?..... do they break your sternum and collor bones ? or is that just B.S?
hey guys big gulps huh......well c ya later
ACE

Postby ACE » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 am

I noticed colts not wearing one anymore...yet he was one of the first....the only thing is..... I noticed alot of riders that wear the leatt ...do not wear a chest protector....why your spine is still exsposed to a footpeg ect...... ? also .... Ive always thought leatts are good for neck injury........but do you pay a price?..... do they break your sternum and collor bones ? or is that just B.S?
hey guys big gulps huh......well c ya later
RUDDY116

Postby RUDDY116 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Azraie218 wrote:i can tell yah first hand they work.... broke my collar bone but id take that any day over my neck wich it should have been.

Ace, I think I have your answer from the 4th post.

Leatt definitely has a rep for breaking collar bones. That is why some of the newer braces (Omega) are designed to float higher off the collar bone to stop that from happening. I also think it is very hard to tell what MIGHT have happened in a crash and neck braces are getting more credit than they might deserve.
I'm certainly not saying don't wear one, just that they possibly are not helping as much as people think they are.
Man up, grab some sack and go for the triple!
tooliemxer
Province/State: Ontario

Postby tooliemxer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm

I think part of the collar bone issues are from proper fitment-spent at least 3 hrs riding and adjusting with ithe new Leatt last year before it felt completely comfortable.At the end of the day I had a high speed get off with a nice flip-didn't notice any extra pressure on the collar bone even on the raised part that was broken about 18 years ago.
Thanks-Hudsons Motorcycles,Boyesen,MxBonz,AXO,KSRwheels,Dubach Racing,Renthal,Twin Air,Decal Work,SteelMX optics and Chifor racing-I'm getting old but still go fast.....for a lap or two

Return to “motoRcross chat:”