hey hammer. whos this?

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

steve66

Re: hey hammer. whos this?

Postby steve66 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am

4oh1-tee-kay wrote:haha, I can't believe nobody called me out.....I entered the name that Steve had and added motocross to it in google. It took me straight to the Vital MX page and I stole the rest from there.........................haha, my conscience was bothering me.... :lol:

lol 401,I was wondering about your italjet comment seemed a little tongue in cheek,but I wasn't familier enough on Denis on the really little bikes to call you on it,my memory of Denis is from the kx80 days 82-83 time region when he and Larry Brooks were battling in the minis.
ImageVic Armijo pic
steve66

Postby steve66 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 am

Rice Paddy Daddy wrote:
steve66 wrote:Looks like Paul Denis,minicycle champ in the early 80's disappeared from racing after going to the big bikes around 1984.

You know what ever happened to Eddie Hicks?
Another guy that people were expecting big things from but just disappeared after trying to make the transition from 80s to 125s.

Rice,I don't know what Hicks is doing these days,Hammer might know...... Hicks was racing for a couple of years in the 125 nationals in 85 as yamaha support rider and rode DMC kx's in 1987 in 125 sx and natls but after that he disappeared like you said,don't know if it was from injury or just the career not going as expected after the success on mini's and he moved on?........the early mid 80's had so many good mini guys:Brooks,Denis,Moore,Healey,Manneh,Lewis,Hicks,Brown,Surratt,Kalos etc..
ImageVic Armijo pic
ex98

Postby ex98 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Steve, Eddie Hicks moved to Australia years ago to race over there,Probably still there
ex98

Postby ex98 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Steve I got it wrong that was Eddie Warren,dont mind me I'm getting old
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am

eh sarg, been offline traveling a bit. paul denis...wow. to put it into perspective for guys now....he was mike alessi or adam cincurilo back in 82....unbeatable!!

i hear from sondra that eddie hicks (who took over as king from denis in 83/84) is just a regular dude in cali. he was racing glen helen local a few yrs back. he was just to small to go fast in pro. he was no jeff ward.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”