HOW BOUT THE ''OLD MAN''

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

ODB
Province/State: Nunavut

HOW BOUT THE ''OLD MAN''

Postby ODB » Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 am

WINDHAM was on the fuckin gas in vegas ...............i think if bubba hadn't farted again the ole fellow was on a mission to the checkered
Bosscat

Re: HOW BOUT THE ''OLD MAN''

Postby Bosscat » Sun May 08, 2011 6:18 am

Vegas would have exploded if Windham would have won that race.

He had them all covered, and sure made this overhyped "Fastest man on the planet" ride over his head yet again.
GasGas

Postby GasGas » Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 am

The place was already booing james out of the stadium before the race, If he had remounted after taking out Windham the crowd would have lost it on him. Every one was going nuts for K dub to make the pass on Stewert. Best event I have ever attended. :D
181 Kyle Elliott 1987-2009
ODB

Postby ODB » Tue May 10, 2011 4:35 am

it would be nice to know what he said to him when the asterisk guys had to seperate them
exsarg

Postby exsarg » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 am

with todays training and nutrition the 33 year old aint an old man!! just caquse hes older then the rest dont make him old. dowd is old . dubach is old. pete degraff is old. boxers and marathoners are at their peak at 33. he would have led a few laps and went down in a heap like he did earlier in the season. i like kdub but hes overhyped. 4 or 5 races a year hes got the speed to win . impressive but get over it!! 17 years as a pro is awsome. i admire him. but ultimately has underperformed considering his skills.
Dirty Bikes
Province/State: Ontario

Postby Dirty Bikes » Tue May 10, 2011 6:31 am

exsarg wrote:with todays training and nutrition the 33 year old aint an old man!! just caquse hes older then the rest dont make him old. dowd is old . dubach is old. pete degraff is old. boxers and marathoners are at their peak at 33. he would have led a few laps and went down in a heap like he did earlier in the season. i like kdub but hes overhyped. 4 or 5 races a year hes got the speed to win . impressive but get over it!! 17 years as a pro is awsome. i admire him. but ultimately has underperformed considering his skills.
Yeah but at least he respects the sport. There is more to being a great athlete than just winning. Talent gets you into the show, your character gets you the rest of the way. That is why Ryan Dungey is a champ and JLAW is a chump. That is why more people respect Windham than Stewart....the make up your character is as or more important than how fast you blitz the whoops.
ODB

Postby ODB » Tue May 10, 2011 7:33 am

just won the peoples choice award bud .go fuck yourself and you should get over it
Double E Racing

Postby Double E Racing » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

I have been to the Vegas race several times now and I'm telling you I have never seen the entire stadium standing for virtually the whole event. It was over the top.
We were sitting directly in front of the start straight and when Bubba quaded in we were impressed but man oh man, when Windham maintained his obvious pressure on Bubba by quading in himself followed by the triple in next straight , the place went nuts. Windham was on the gas huge, and to the poster that says "33 isn't old for Pro AMA motocross" he don't know shit and obviously doesn't race himself or if he did he never was fast. Stuff changes for a rider by 25-27. The brain kinda kicks in and says I ain't supposed to be doing this stuff quite like that anymore. That's what makes what Kevin did and the ride he had going all that more awesome. There was no other rider of any age doing that quad and "the ole man pulled it off and looked the usual butter smooth. I never been a real big Windham fan per say cause I agree to a certain extent, awesome talent but never pushed quite hard enough for my liking. Well after Saturday he has forever changed the opinion of many people, myself for sure. If it wasn't for Bubba obviously overriding his ability, yet again, Kevin wins that race going away.

Kevin was the show.
Rice Paddy Daddy

Postby Rice Paddy Daddy » Tue May 10, 2011 12:13 pm

I have no reason to dislike Kevin Windham and don't, but his popularity is a result of some weird movement within the sport to honor the guy because he's been around for 50 years. Great - but so what. Good for him, I'm sure he's loaded with cash by the looks of his mega house he built for himself. He's reaped the rewards of professional MX racing, especially financially. He's great; looks great on the bike; and is a friendly person. But he's never going to win a title. Yeah, he might set some fast laps here and there if he gets a good start, but he's sort of an opportunist - a long shot for a win.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”