HOW BOUT THE ''OLD MAN''

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

ODB
Province/State: Nunavut

Re: HOW BOUT THE ''OLD MAN''

Postby ODB » Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm

an oppurtunist ................lets not forget the legends this guy has beat ...and you call him a fuckin oppurtunist ......... :eek:
Bosscat

Postby Bosscat » Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

There are old racers and there are bold racers

But there are very few old bold racers

I'd say Windham proved he fits the latter, when he started matching the proclaimed fastest man on the planet move for move.

Think about how many SX Mains he has been in, and how many outdoor Nats he has raced as a PRO.
exsarg

Postby exsarg » Wed May 11, 2011 5:24 am

i do race and am not world class. im 43 and faster then i was at 18. still slow tho!
bigwave
the ultimate god
Province/State: Ontario

Postby bigwave » Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 am

17 other reasons for his increased popularity are his insane Intro Transfers. Did they show his Las Vegas intro on tv?
Everyone else just rides around and waves but he does the most ridiculous jumps and nose-wheelies 100 feet every time. I took a sequence shot of his Las Vegas transfer. Lemme see if my thumb is out of the way...

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"
Dirty Bikes

Postby Dirty Bikes » Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 am

bigwave wrote:17 other reasons for his increased popularity are his insane Intro Transfers. Did they show his Las Vegas intro on tv?
Everyone else just rides around and waves but he does the most ridiculous jumps and nose-wheelies 100 feet every time. I took a sequence shot of his Las Vegas transfer. Lemme see if my thumb is out of the way...
He gets it that SX is for the fans. Doing an insane intro transfer does not win you a championship but it wins you fan support and adds to an already great show.

Also notice that he may have yelled at James after the crash in Vegas but during is interview with Erin after he did not whine or bash. The guy is not perfect but he is a great asset to SX.
mxfireman

Postby mxfireman » Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 am

I was there and all I have to say is that Bubba and Windham were on a whole different level. I like both as riders ( in fact I have a hard time hating any of those guys, you can't even come close to appreciating their speed until you see it live ). It was insane when Windham started matching Stewart in the Quad, but just before they wadded up, Stewart did the Quad in and the quad out! I hold no malice toward Stewart. He said he was gonna jump everything and put on a good show for everyone. Riddle me this though, if you were Windham and you were pushing Stewart would you be following him that close in the same line through the whoops? I think Windham was gonna pass Stewart but they were both pushing the envelope and it made for the best racing I have ever watched and for that reason I thank them.

The lites were fucking insane. Nuff said.

A great show. I was sitting along the start straight and we were standing for the majority of it. Even some of the LCQ's

The pit party was awsome and hopefully I can get some pictures up. My wife got an awsome one of windhams transfer he's coming head on just over the Monster alley sign.

Added bonus, on Monday my wife and I were in the Sugar restaurant and Vince Neil and his wife sat down 2 tables behind us. She looked like Barbies Mom. Gotta love Vegas! :! :! :! :! :!
I can tell by your middle finger, that you're warming up to me.
chewitt
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby chewitt » Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Rice Paddy Daddy wrote:I have no reason to dislike Kevin Windham and don't, but his popularity is a result of some weird movement within the sport to honor the guy because he's been around for 50 years. Great - but so what. Good for him, I'm sure he's loaded with cash by the looks of his mega house he built for himself. He's reaped the rewards of professional MX racing, especially financially. He's great; looks great on the bike; and is a friendly person. But he's never going to win a title. Yeah, he might set some fast laps here and there if he gets a good start, but he's sort of an opportunist - a long shot for a win.

Wow what BS. KW isnt popular because he might win a title or he is old. Name one other full time 125 rider to step up to a 250 and win there first SX with a front flat. He has been a great ambassador, phenominal talent and won some special races as well as the only guy in my mind to heads up put a whooping on RC with no excuses to be made by anyone. He has great personality, is modest and humble, respectful of fans. He is old in MX standards and can still, when the moons align, challenge for a win(dont forget last year indoors and out and the few SX's this year he had a shot,San diego/San Fran? Seattle and Vegas. He's been through the highs and lows and held his head high and always represented himself in the best manner. In his 17 year career year in and year out from the beginning he has added fans. Most greats have there highs and lows in fan base but KW's wagon will always remain full with or without bandwagoners.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body
ODB
Province/State: Nunavut

Postby ODB » Thu May 12, 2011 4:30 am

[quote="chewitt"][. He has been a great ambassador, phenominal talent and won some special races as well as the only guy in my mind to heads up put a whooping on RC with no excuses to be made by anyone.

..just an oppurtunist .....lol. what a mindless fuckin comment
dick

Postby dick » Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 am

Anyone who dis's Windham does not know moto

Anyway
I named my first Dog McGrath
The next dog will be Windham or Kdub

Just sayin---respect
Ride hard/Work hard/Stay hard

Return to “motoRcross chat:”