CBS coverage of SX

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

Legend 3

CBS coverage of SX

Postby Legend 3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Ok first let me say I do appreciate that its televised and shown at all, BUT wtf is with going to a commercial break in the middle of the main event and losing 6/7 laps of the main and why are we losing anything its fucking tape delayed. Can they not get someone to arrange the editing/production of the show in a correct manner so we see the entire main event its only 18 minutes long. Ok just one other thing that really fucking gets to me "A CBS sports spectacular" ???????? can they not just say AMA SX or something to that nature so as people that don't know or are fringe people can actually know what time its on. Ok rant over what do you guys think ?
Modedude
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Re: CBS coverage of SX

Postby Modedude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Ya, have to agree with your points, glad it's on but wow frustrating. An hour long show and we see more of pit parties and RC cars than qualifiers. The lcq's are usually fun races and to only get 8 seconds of coverage #-o
Some great racing though! The main was looking epic until RV got in the lead...
Modedude

Postby Modedude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh and how about round 1 and 2 winners battling in the lcq? Have to love such a deep field.
Whoops

Postby Whoops » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Ok, I know this is a piss on CBS thread, but what about SPEED running the ticker at the bottom of their 250 coverage and showing the 450 Main event results?!?! :evil: I know they're different networks, but they must be somewhat working together sharing coverage, announcers etc. and they go and post results before the race was even aired on CBS. I just happen to glance down and Bamn! their it was. Talk about a race results spoiler. :(
TwoWheelsConsulting

Postby TwoWheelsConsulting » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 am

It's okay to bitch a bit but in reality, having supercross on one of the National networks is so huge. Especially on a Sunday afternoon,in the winter, with the NFL playoffs coming up. So much bigger for the sport than being live on speed, although I really enjoy that live coverage.

Back in the 80's, before all the alphabet channels where born, we had a number of our Canadian supercross events on CBC and CTV, that
was huge and created much more awareness of the sport among the general public than the coverage we get currently.

I just saw an ad this morning for Monster Energy SX on CNN, never saw that before. Another step in taking the sport mainstream.
Modedude

Postby Modedude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 am

Whoops wrote:Ok, I know this is a piss on CBS thread, but what about SPEED running the ticker at the bottom of their 250 coverage and showing the 450 Main event results?!?! :evil: I know they're different networks, but they must be somewhat working together sharing coverage, announcers etc. and they go and post results before the race was even aired on CBS. I just happen to glance down and Bamn! their it was. Talk about a race results spoiler. :(

Ouch #-o Glad I missed that when watching.
bigwave
the ultimate god
Province/State: Ontario

Postby bigwave » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I watched the Lites coverage online that Speed did and was very impressed.
It was a very slick production and looked amazing...even with all the empty seats.

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"
Dirty Bikes
Province/State: Ontario

Postby Dirty Bikes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm

bigwave wrote:even with all the empty seats.
YEah that did not look good. I am thinking 3 SX events at Anahiem is too much. I believe this event was supposed to be in Oakland but was moved to Anahiem due to Dodger stadium not being available (ie construction).

All I can say is the any SX coverage in Canada is better than the outdoor coverage we had last year......
sprocket

Postby sprocket » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm

I would rather be missing a few insignificant laps per race and see all 3 races than their old way of showing higlights from one of the heat races. As far as the LCQ, no big deal a one time thing that two top contenders are in it. Big shocker they both made it to the main.

Thumbs up and thank you to CBS :!

Return to “motoRcross chat:”