Hats Off To Dals3

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

AirMail
Pink Palace All Star
Province/State: British Columbia

Hats Off To Dals3

Postby AirMail » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey the Palace's own Dals3 along with a bunch of our Moto Colleagues are going to be putting on a Motocross educational seminar at the school he teaches at in Merritt on Friday.

So cool to be able to introduce the sport of MX to our youth and expose them some of the personalities & players of the sport... For these kids to be able to listen to the riders he has selected tell their stories and their personal experience of pride and passion and sheer enjoyment of what they do is a awesome... Maybe plant a seed which sprouts into a future champion or maybe just a simple enthusiast, weekend warrior that promotes what we all love... :!

I know that Sheldon has put a lot into this and has done it previously with Kyle Beaton and Spencer Knowles and it was a great experience for all involved...

This year he has the support of Beats, Gauldy, Kyle Springman, Rachel Springman, & Camille Baker... :! :! :!

As well as a sincere desire to participate by a number of riders and mechanics that just can't do it as a result of if being a day where there commitments to parking rigs & pre-race obligations take over...

A number of riders have donated Shwagg (jersey's posters etc.) to be given away and there are also some race passes for the weekend to be handed out!

Big Hat's of to you Brother for making this all happen! :! :! :! When it comes to the current climate of what this sport is or isn't some choose to live in the Problem.... :-({|=

But nice to see you my friend are a Big Part of THE SOLUTION... So cool to see you passing on your passion BRAAAPPP!!!!! :! :! :!
dals3

Re: Hats Off To Dals3

Postby dals3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Hey Brent. Thanks for posting this. I've been a little absent on here for a bit, but I do check in for a look when I get a chance. My hope is to start participating regularly again.

Anyway, yes, I've got some great people coming to my school on Friday afternoon! Gauldy, Beats, Camille, Rachel and Kyle Springman have been super-easy to deal with. They've been very accessible and very patient with me in trying to smash out the details of this thing. They're all really enthusiastic. They're pretty much doing this for a "thank you".... GOOD people.

Like Brent said, I had a crazy list of people that WANTED to come and who were stoked on re whole thing, but just weren't able to make things work. No fault of theirs; people have crazy commitments the day or two before a National. Some of those people include: Colton Facciotti, Dusty Klatt, Donk, Spenny Knowles, Brady Sheren, Brad Nauditt, the Allison Bros, Bigwave, Newf, Lissimore.... *I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I also had some stuff donated by the clothing store my wife manages - they were stoked to give my some FMF clothing, DC and Etnies stickers, etc! **I've also got to throw a huge thanks out to Stally for a bunch of free passes to the race...I'm talking 200+ passes to kids under 12 with an adult AND a bunch of weekend passes! Seriously! Nuts! Overnight delivery to my school. CAN'T THANK HIM (and everyone else) enough!

Basically we're gonna show a bunch of photos, and a few vid clips, before talking about bikes, safety gear, training, nutrition, track and trail etiquette, jobs related to the sport, etc, etc. Basically I want these riders to share their love and their passion for the sport.

MX is something I've been involved with since I was in grade 7 (1979), and I want a new generation of kids to put down the video game controllers and pick up a set of wrenches, put on some safety gear and get out there a ride!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

:!
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:18 pm

unreal :! :! :!
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Postby pillow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Sheldon wins...that's simply awesome!
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
AirMail
Pink Palace All Star

Postby AirMail » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 am

When it's all said and done Sheldon Fire up some pics... good on the peeps involved, they as well as any of their sponsors deserve any exposure they can get as a result... :D
bigwave
the ultimate god
Province/State: Ontario

Postby bigwave » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 am

Great job putting this thing together, Sheldon.
Sorry I won't be able to talk about some of the crazy adventures this sport has allowed me to go on.
My travel plans had a little bit of a wrench (13mm, I think) thrown at them. Just adds to the stories, I guess!
BW

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"
twister

Postby twister » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:38 pm

iI think it's great you guys are doing this.I wish someone would do this at my sons school.Good luck guys and don't forget to post photos for us.
4oh1-tee-kay
Frosted Tips, they're grrrrreat!

Postby 4oh1-tee-kay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Very cool!
mxwilly
Province/State: Ontario

Postby mxwilly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:48 pm

pillow wrote:Sheldon wins...that's simply awesome!

Dude, you rock. Too cool Sheldon! That's such a great way to "plant the seed".

Thanks from the moto-family in the east!
Greg Wilhelm
CMRC #318

08 RMZ FoFiddy :)

special thanks to->
Boyd's Motorsports & Farm Supply, D4 Performance, http://www.insideoutrenovations.ca , Maxima Lubricants, and my wife Kim - the best pit b*tch in the business!!!!

Return to “motoRcross chat:”