i think the mxon is lame and overated but

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

Main Event Maker
Pink Palace All Star

Re: i think the mxon is lame and overated but

Postby Main Event Maker » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 am

HT....is that a pic from Disneyland? 8)

I prefer this....was at this race! MXdN 1987! Best 16th birthday present ever! :D

lukaitisphoto.smugmug.com/

MAIN EVENT MAKER
32:1
Province/State: Alberta

Postby 32:1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Shit, Hammer. If there was any way they'd ever let us on...
I can stitch that up.
wallyguy
Pink Palace All Star

Postby wallyguy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 am

Now we just need 500 moto fans to throw in 100 bucks each to make it
worth while for KTM Canada or other teams interested to put their support
behind MXON because they probably do not have a budget there to do it somewhat right.
Cant see any reason for KTM or Leading Edge to foot the bill
out of their limited budgets to represent their brands on a world stage
when they already have Villipoto, Cairrolli, Dungey, Reed etc etc representing their BRANDS.
So if Canadian moto fans want to see a well funded team try again its up to us, is it not?
Moto fans, dealers, aftermarket, can we raise the money so we can watch our
guys qualify for the A program? Love to see us qualify
and the race fan will need to pay cause I don't think the manufactures see it as beneficial or have the budgets
to make it happen.
Lets donate but do not take it away from your other worthy Charity donations.
Can someone repost where des nation donations can be made?
Dirty Bikes
Province/State: Ontario

Postby Dirty Bikes » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am

Why should fans have to donate any money? If the industry is not large enough to drive the incremental funding required to support a team then don't go.If you can't afford tires don't race the car.
Rooster
Province/State: Alberta

Postby Rooster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:14 am

How many times has there been a call for donations to send a team and a team was never sent?

What happens/happened to that cash?

Why should "fans" who've watched this debacle every year dig into their pockets and send cash without a team and plans in place prior to getting the funding? There's not a hope in hell I'll send a dime to anybody based on an "if you fund it, we will organize it" type of deal.

The guys that we'd be looking to send over are not privateers. They are on major race teams with big time sponsors that are sending riders from other nations to the event. Most of, if not all of them, also seem to have private deals with Monster or Redbull as well. Why is there no interest from the brands they represent to see them race at the largest motocross event in the world where they're showcasing their sponsored riders from other nations?
Bosscat

Postby Bosscat » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:39 am

Dirty Bikes wrote:Why should fans have to donate any money? If the industry is not large enough to drive the incremental funding required to support a team then don't go.If you can't afford tires don't race the car.

They can support a bunch of semi's gathered around port-a-potties then they can cough up some bucks for the world stage.

There has to be a reason to race, not just pad a few greedy fucks pockets that give nothing back to the sport and expect all those taking part to just keep coughing up bucks.

That reason should be going to the MXoN.
Dirty Bikes

Postby Dirty Bikes » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Dirty Bikes wrote:Why should fans have to donate any money? If the industry is not large enough to drive the incremental funding required to support a team then don't go.If you can't afford tires don't race the car.

They can support a bunch of semi's gathered around port-a-potties then they can cough up some bucks for the world stage.

There has to be a reason to race, not just pad a few greedy fucks pockets that give nothing back to the sport and expect all those taking part to just keep coughing up bucks.

That reason should be going to the MXoN.

Why? Canadian companies don't sell products in Europe (for the most part ). Spend the money where your customers are.
Main Event Maker
Pink Palace All Star

Postby Main Event Maker » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Guess what? A lot of those CDN customers want to see a CDN team at the MXdN.....it is positive investment in brand marketing for both the team and the riders for making the effort.
MAIN EVENT MAKER
Dirty Bikes

Postby Dirty Bikes » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Main Event Maker wrote:Guess what? A lot of those CDN customers want to see a CDN team at the MXdN.....it is positive investment in brand marketing for both the team and the riders for making the effort.

Agreed but only if the industry is firing on all cylinders at home first. If most mx related companies can't seem to make money in their backyard they certainly are not going to make it in Germany.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”