SWO VET RIDERS???

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

RUDDY116

SWO VET RIDERS???

Postby RUDDY116 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:55 pm

So who is everyone riding with this season? I had a good time riding with CMX the last 2 years, but the only reason I switched to them was that every Vet had disappeared from CMRC.
The CMRC schedule looks good, but I'm not going back for shitty turnouts. I guess the other option is TVR, but they might have gotten too big for their own good and it's going to get even worse this year with CMX gone. I know some of you guys went over there so how do you feel it went last year?

I'd love to get back to the days of at least 15 Vet Masters and 25 or more +40 on the line.
Lets get some talk going here so us old fucks can go out and swap some plastic like a few years ago! :!
Man up, grab some sack and go for the triple!
mxwilly
Province/State: Ontario

Re: SWO VET RIDERS???

Postby mxwilly » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm giving some serious consideration to racing CMRC again this season. I haven't raced for a couple of years, haven't even ridden other than a couple times, but hopefully things come together here and I'll be back on the track when the weather squares around.

I'll be a gate filler for ya in +40, but Vet Jr. is going to have to be my other home this year.

Can't wait for this long ass winter to leave!!
Greg Wilhelm
CMRC #318

08 RMZ FoFiddy :)

special thanks to->
Boyd's Motorsports & Farm Supply, D4 Performance, http://www.insideoutrenovations.ca , Maxima Lubricants, and my wife Kim - the best pit b*tch in the business!!!!
Derek 187

Postby Derek 187 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Would be good to see you racing Greg! Jamie you could win some contingency money in +40 class on that Honda ;)
notaprosmom

Postby notaprosmom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:19 am

The last few years we did a combination of cmx and cmrc, basically we raced the tracks we liked and that were closer to us. Looks like this year will be cmrc. It would be nice to see the return of the Vet national to Walton. Never had so much fun, can still remember that last +40 race with a full gate :D
magoo

Postby magoo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 am

Derek 187 wrote:Would be good to see you racing Greg! Jamie you could win some contingency money in +40 class on that Honda ;)

CMRC for me. Hey Digger, do you know if Montesa will be offering any contingency this year ? My 1977 360 Cappra is almost ready to go.:D
pinned

Postby pinned » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 am

With the costs involved and nothing in the way of rider payback I,ll most likely just be riding once in awhile for the pure fun of it. I enjoy the racing for the most part but it feels like going back to 1986 125 jr when all there was to win was a trophy. At least the line was quite full.One hour on the bike for race days just isn,t satisfying when the wallet leave,s the track empty and the bike is toast from the abuse. Cmrc needs to offer payout for the racing to get back to good sized classes like we used to see and relax on some fees.Hope the rich give a damn just a little for the love of motocross racing. See ya sometime Jamie.
Airtime Al vet,pro
MPI_Sport

Postby MPI_Sport » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 am

notaprosmom wrote:The last few years we did a combination of cmx and cmrc, basically we raced the tracks we liked and that were closer to us. Looks like this year will be cmrc. It would be nice to see the return of the Vet national to Walton. Never had so much fun, can still remember that last +40 race with a full gate :D

I'm glad you enjoy our Vet National at Walton.

For 2014 we are introducing a 6 round Practice Series called The Walton Raceway Stopwatch Championship Series, these events will be great for Vet racers and families looking for a safer racing element with way more track riding time! Events are open practices with a twist that everyone can enjoy, with no additional cost or pressure. Live Timing and Scoring will be setup at these practice events. All riders with transponders will have their lap times logged, available to view and produced in speed ranking similar to that used in timed qualifying for the Rockstar Energy Nationals or Monster Energy Supercross. This has been done with Walton Practice sessions before and the morning session will be open and untimed, while the afternoon sessions will be divided into “classes or categories”. Riders will ride to set their best lap time, to win prizes against other riders from similar designated classification. There is no additional cost, no mandatory requirement to compete, no stress, just fun and lots of riding.

Then on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at the final Walton Raceway Stopwatch Championship Event, Walton Raceway will be hosting a Banquet / BBQ - Just like we use to do at the Vet National!
gauldy

Postby gauldy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 am

I'll be lining up at the majrity of the races in vet for sure.
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 am

gauldy wrote:I'll be lining up at the majrity of the races in vet for sure.

have you got any game left in you Gauldy? can you run with "the peoples champ" newf?

Return to “motoRcross chat:”