who the hell is canadian rodney himler?

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

who the hell is canadian rodney himler?

Postby HAMMERTIME » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:35 am

just when i thought i knew it all...

So who all could you name in the intro photo from the 1985 Kawasaki Race of Champions at the World Mini GP? (From top left, standing): Jason Langford, Vince DeVane, Mike Craig, Rob Gordon, Lowell Thomson, Terry Bostard, Shaun Kalos, Canada's Rodney Himler. (Kneeling, from left) Jeff Emig, Denny Stephenson, New Zealand's Darryl Atkins, Colin Karcher, Australia's Lee Hogan, Scott Brown, and that's former Team Green manager Bruce Stjernstrom standing on the far left.

The overall winner? Lowell Thomson over Kalos and Langford
mx171
Province/State: Alberta

Re: who the hell is canadian rodney himler?

Postby mx171 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:32 am

Rodney Hillmer won the 1984 Canadian Schoolboy Championship that was run at Raymond, Alberta. I think that was an automatic invite to those Race of Champions events back in the day.
exsarg

Postby exsarg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:55 am

" you should have known"
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 am

I was there...leading when my hub broke! But I thought Marty burr won? Gurss not. I can't believe I can't remember him.
mx171
Province/State: Alberta

Postby mx171 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 am

I believe Rodney went 2-2 for the overall. Motos were won by two different guys from Alberta. I think everyone was surprised at the success of the unknown Albertans as the big names such as Burr, Tripodi and of course yourself Hammer were expected to clean up.
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god

Postby HAMMERTIME » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:26 pm

mx171 wrote:I believe Rodney went 2-2 for the overall. Motos were won by two different guys from Alberta. I think everyone was surprised at the success of the unknown Albertans as the big names such as Burr, Tripodi and of course yourself Hammer were expected to clean up.

interesting. a long time ago. all i would ever hear about was this marty burr guy....thought he was the only guy. this tom hill kid from penticton was beating me quite a bit earlier that year but thankfully he got to big and moved to 125's. i went there with the sickest DMC kx 80...all new for the race then had problems all day. probably one of the most disapointing days of my life.
gauldy
Province/State: Ontario

Postby gauldy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:13 am

HAMMERTIME wrote:I was there...leading when my hub broke! But I thought Marty burr won? Gurss not. I can't believe I can't remember him.

I'm pretty sure Burr won 80cc in 1985 at Motopark, No?
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god

Postby HAMMERTIME » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 am

maybe? speaking of guys with hype, whatever became of that bulyovsky kid? he was quite a story.
gauldy
Province/State: Ontario

Postby gauldy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:19 am

HAMMERTIME wrote:maybe? speaking of guys with hype, whatever became of that bulyovsky kid? he was quite a story.

He showed up about 7 years ago on a Kawi. That dude was unreal in his time, but once he hit pro's the world fell apart. He runs a successful business now in the car industry. He was and still is (likely forever) to win Junior 125, 250, and 500, then the next week win 125, 250, 500 Intermediate back in 88 or 89 when the CMA nationals were split by a week. #217

Return to “motoRcross chat:”