thoughts on rd. 1

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

brewrabb

Re: thoughts on rd. 1

Postby brewrabb » Sun May 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Unread postby berno on Sun May 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Great thoughts by hammer ... Hard to believe Aldredge sucked so bad in SX and has done very good so far in MX (counting last year)...

Super pumped for Alex Martin... and Weston Peick...! Peick is pushing very hard in the 450 class while it seems like a lot of guys are just riding around.... I know they're riding around at an incredible speed but how the hell can you be 6+ seconds a lap slower than Tomac? Why is it that most kids getting A rides in the 250 are just top 10 guys nowadays? Is the talent pool really getting that much smaller? (insert bike sales numbers here)

I miss James Stewart.

Reed can do whatever he wants... He's proven he can win once in a while. He's not a contender anymore but if racing his dirt bike makes him happy then we should all be happy for him.

Why does Mr. Baggett have more hair than Blake?

Zach Bell crashed in the lap lap of moto 1. Sucked in moto 2. My Fantasy moto memory says he's crashed in 95% of the races he entered... His employers are murderers... The kid's never gonna win anything. I bet he's barely making a living. Please get him out while he's still alive.

Nelson can go fast but he's missing something... (nah, not just a thumb)...

Where are those kids from Destroyer Film?

Did Tommy Hahn (retired/privateer) just smoke his brother Will Hahn (lucky 250 SX champ/factory rider)? Ha....

What's next for Davalos? The guy can still win 250 SX races but who's gonna sign him?

I thought Cole Thompson and Kaven Benoit were in California a few days ago for a photoshoot with JSR. They were at the big KTM facility with Decoster... Would have been nice of them to let them use the bikes a few more days so they could race Hangtown and Glen Helen... Oh well, I guess we'll see what they can do against Leok overseas at the MXDN... of wait. that's not happening either.

It was weird/funny to hear Georgia talk about El Hombre's mustache on the podium after both motos... Who doesn't like her?

What's going on with Millsaps? Izzi gonna disappear with his best buddy Martin Davalos?

Why am I wasting so much time on this stupid 'pro' sport?

Phil Nicoletti and Josh Grant are dumb... I think so...

Bogle's career can only go downhill....

If Metcalfe and Facciotti can stay healthy it could be one heck of a season up here...

Yep! :!
'78 XR75, '77 PE250, '81 KX125,'82 KX125, '85 CR500, '98 KX250, '04 KX250F, '05 KX250, '07 KX250, '09 SX150,...?
UP-SHIFT
I'd be lost without the circus
Province/State: Non US/Canada

Postby UP-SHIFT » Mon May 18, 2015 2:55 am

haha, some great thoughts in here.

#3 and #50 should help me get through the nats without Stew. Both are sketchy as hell and I'm a sucker for fast riders with erratic results. You can't even relax when they have a big lead. Cianciarulo is a lot like Pastrana.
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

UP-SHIFT wrote:haha, some great thoughts in here.

#3 and #50 should help me get through the nats without Stew. Both are sketchy as hell and I'm a sucker for fast riders with erratic results. You can't even relax when they have a big lead. Cianciarulo is a lot like Pastrana.

Adam does remind me of Travis now that he is taller. I love his style. I definitely want him to win every time he lines up!
as82
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby as82 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm a KTM guy, so I'm really hopeful that Dungy is going to have something for Tomac. Tomac is going to be a force. In SX Tomac won when he had good starts, but didn't have time to come back from bad starts. Nationals he should be able to make it to the front with his speed. Can he be consistent? Can he podium week in a week out, it will be fun to find out.

Hopefully Dungy can find a way to put up a fight and keep things interesting. Even when my guys loses, I find close racing more exciting. Tomac definitely set a bar for him to reach.

A lot of my favorites had a better second moto. Pieck is my hero, a big heavy guy like me being in the top is awesome. Barcia under performed in SX...I expect him to be closer to the top in nationals. Roczen is the wildcard, will he get faster or fade away with injuries. Canard, when are you coming back, you were on a heater before your injury.

In the 250's I've falled for the hype and am watching cianciarulo to see if he can climb the ranks. Looks like the 250's are going to be the exciting races this year for really close racing, the 450s are breaking into groups where the 250's are staying closer together.
32:1
Province/State: Alberta

Postby 32:1 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Luckily for Dungey, Tomac is guaranteed to do at least one retarded thing this season, eat shit, and DNF. Dungey can just stay on the podium, work on his (obviously whack) setup, and probably take home a boring conservative championship.
I can stitch that up.
malachi77
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby malachi77 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:46 pm

32:1 wrote:Luckily for Dungey, Tomac is guaranteed to do at least one retarded thing this season, eat shit, and DNF. Dungey can just stay on the podium, work on his (obviously whack) setup, and probably take home a boring conservative championship.

You mean like RD's conservative boring SX championship? How many wins....8? #-o He friggin dominated speedwise, his starts were killer, as well as consistency. He didn't crash once all year, and was fast as fuck while leading the most laps. His bike setup was crazy balls at Hangtown. It's going to take a few races to get it dialed...after that it's on like donkey kong. The dude is a mofo outdoors compared to SX. Tomac was on rails, but that bike has 3 seasons of settings to work with.
Thumper114
Province/State: Ontario

Postby Thumper114 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Tomac was fast as fuck but c'mon guys, I think it's a little premature for everyone to start blowing him already. Let's see how things stand in 4 or 5 races.
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 pm

That was one of those tracks that was either good for a guy or bad for a guy. There's also the approach some guys take where if the track is sketchy and it's round one they just sit back and collect points. Eli is going to win s ton of races and so Is Ryan. It was a sick ride by Eli, but I'm not taking s ton away from the day. Different tracks different winners
32:1
Province/State: Alberta

Postby 32:1 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:41 am

Dungey fans get so wound up when anyone says "consistent". Yes, he was consistently unreal in Supercross. But when it wasn't meant to be, he knows that a podium will do. That's smart, not an insult. Personally I hate it though. I like a real shit show, like Bubba.
I can stitch that up.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”