How can you hate the two stroke rule...it's awesome?!?!?

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

Bosscat

Re: How can you hate the two stroke rule...it's awesome?!?!?

Postby Bosscat » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:39 am

Remember when it was the rider and not the bike?
rew
Province/State: Nova Scotia

Postby rew » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 am

Dave Despain made a valid point in a pod cast with Matthes, if the oem's don't get there way they may walk...just like in road racing.
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Postby pillow » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:52 am

If 2 strokes are not allowed to paly, the sport is doomed.

BIG PICTURE thinking please people, 4 strokes have done more to hurt the sport than help it, they are AWESOME for factory riders iwth $50,000 engine budgets but they do not work in real life...of yeah, guess what , most moto is real life.

But I got give Derek this...awesome 8)

I ever actually said that it is easier to cheat with a 2stroke then a 4stroke. I said it's easy to cheat with that engine when it is not thoroughly checked during a tear down. I am also not saying Kaven was necessarily cheating, what I'm trying to say is that I was not satisfied with the system of how the engines that were tore down this year were checked. If an engine is to be stock I would expect more to be done then a cylinder pulled off and looked at by eye and slapped back on. If that's the case then don't bother having the rule.

I understand you obviously don't like how I answered the question but if I'm going to answer a question I am going to answer it truthfully and whether you like my answer or not I gave you my honest opinion. I feel like I have strong reason to feel the way I do about the rules regarding the situation and the cloudiness of the rule book on it. As for enforcing other rules, I'm sure if you asked the head referee he would let you know that this is not the only rule I have questioned for clarity. You say this is the only rule that I am vocal about but that is because it's the only one that I am asked about every time I do an interview lately...

At least my answer gave you guys something to talk about on the forum considering how boring it's been on here lately ;)
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
traileater

Postby traileater » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 am

This discussion is all for nothing if no top name rider is going to race a 2 stroke next year. Is there? Kaven is going to mx1, so who is left to ride a 2 smoke that can can even podium?
Main Event Maker
Pink Palace All Star

Postby Main Event Maker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 am

"Dave Despain made a valid point in a pod cast with Matthes, if the oem's don't get there way they may walk...just like in road racing."

....that was an interesting interview but I thought it a little strange when after each agreeing (with each other) that 4-strokes have to stay, neither really got into how to make supercross safer/ensure that riders can last a full season when that issue came up....hmmmm, maybe not run 4-stroke open bikes (450s) within the confines of a stadium?!?

but hey, getting rid of them in supercross again runs up against the corporate powers.
MAIN EVENT MAKER
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Postby pillow » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 am

450's are awesome...crazy ass fast awesome.

250F's are just as awesome...when someone else is paying the bills.

There is aproblem, but OEM's will not get rid of thumpers, so why not bring back a 250 2 stroke in a 250F chassis?

Reason why....most "CEO's & VP's" don't ride anymore...when was the last time a CEO/VP from any of the Japanese went a railed a berm?
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
ProMXMechanic

Postby ProMXMechanic » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:57 pm

With "some" of the factories whining about 2 strokes, and CMRC's tail starting to go between its legs....how about this.

Since MX2 is "ProAm", bring in a Loretta Lynn rule. Your 250F is bone stock. Absolutely no changes from the showroom. This will force the manufactures to produce a better 250F we all can buy off the showroom floor and then it will be back to rider vs rider.

Leave all the B.S. for the 450's.

Also.....Pillow is right.

4 strokes (especially 250F's in the amateur ranks) have done more to damage the sport than anything else ever has.
Derek 187

Postby Derek 187 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:45 am

ProMXMechanic wrote:Since MX2 is "ProAm", bring in a Loretta Lynn rule. Your 250F is bone stock. Absolutely no changes from the showroom. This will force the manufactures to produce a better 250F we all can buy off the showroom floor and then it will be back to rider vs rider.

Manufacturers aren't going to globally make changes to their units to accommodate a National MX series in Canada.
eddie
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby eddie » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Derek 187 wrote:
ProMXMechanic wrote:Since MX2 is "ProAm", bring in a Loretta Lynn rule. Your 250F is bone stock. Absolutely no changes from the showroom. This will force the manufactures to produce a better 250F we all can buy off the showroom floor and then it will be back to rider vs rider.

Manufacturers aren't going to globally make changes to their units to accommodate a National MX series in Canada.

.... but manufacturers will make changes , globally , to mx series rulesets to accommodate their units . tail wags the dog .

Return to “motoRcross chat:”