No Walton or SDL on the Pro Schedule in 2016

no rules!

Moderators: AirMail, pillow, bigwave

mxwilly
Province/State: Ontario

No Walton or SDL on the Pro Schedule in 2016

Postby mxwilly » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:22 pm

So, just read over at DMX, that both Walton and SDL are off the schedule for the 2016 Rockstar Nationals.

What the hell's with that. 2 of the best tracks on the circuit as far as I'm concerned.

The word was RJ's is coming back a a National. If it's the same facility a it was years ago, I just can't see how it's supposed to hold all the fans and riders. Not to mention, how is Barrie any better than Walton in relation to amenities?

I don't mind the track at RJ's, but facility wise it's lacking large.

I just don't get it.

Maybe it's time the Arenacross folks take to motocross and we see what a new series can do!
Greg Wilhelm
CMRC #318

08 RMZ FoFiddy :)

special thanks to->
Boyd's Motorsports & Farm Supply, D4 Performance, http://www.insideoutrenovations.ca , Maxima Lubricants, and my wife Kim - the best pit b*tch in the business!!!!
oldguy

Re: No Walton or SDL on the Pro Schedule in 2016

Postby oldguy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:37 pm

This is the result of the series sponsor, Rock Star, wanting the events held closer to centres of population for their advertising to draw supposedly larger attendance. It probably doesn't matter if the facility can handle the expected fan attendance but Barrie is a closer city population than either Walton or SDL enjoys. Knew this was coming last month and this might not be the last cut for the future.
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Pretty sure we're going to see track owners tell CMRC to go fuck themselves
WEC #717
-INSIDER-

Postby -INSIDER- » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Is anyone actually surprized by this? it has nothing to do with track quality or location, sdl is especially laughable being as close as it is to the nations capital. The two tracks with owners that have any balls at all to stand up to supreme leader stallybrass get the axe, anyone who doesnt think this is the reasoning behind this is fooling themselves and needs to pull their head from deep inside their ass. The squeaky wheel gets replaced with a whole new wheel, fuck the grease.
mx617
I'm misunderstood and proud of it

Postby mx617 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:23 pm

That's insane! Waltons be be cornerstone o the series as long as I can remember.

Maybe a little leverage from stally to bring them bac in line ?
I play chicken with the train...
mxwilly

Postby mxwilly » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:01 am

oldguy wrote:This is the result of the series sponsor, Rock Star, wanting the events held closer to centres of population for their advertising to draw supposedly larger attendance. It probably doesn't matter if the facility can handle the expected fan attendance but Barrie is a closer city population than either Walton or SDL enjoys. Knew this was coming last month and this might not be the last cut for the future.

I hear that, have heard it for a while, but according to the article, it was left up to Stally to decide. The Rockstar sales and marketing guy was at Walton, and enjoyed it, said he would prefer the race to be in a facility closer to a large center, but would leave it up to Mark to decide....

From the DMX article..... http://www.directmotocross.com/2016-rockstar-energy-mx-nationals-time-for-a-change/

"A couple months ago, I got in touch with Rockstar Energy Canada‘s Vice President of Sales and Marketing, David Giancoulos. He was quick to point out how much he enjoyed the event at Walton Raceway and that he wasn’t opposed to them remaining on the schedule, but admitted he would be even happier if they could be closer to a big city like Toronto for the finale. He said the decision was in Mark Staybrass’s hands and that he would support him in his decision that he knew would be best for the series and its sponsors."
Greg Wilhelm
CMRC #318

08 RMZ FoFiddy :)

special thanks to->
Boyd's Motorsports & Farm Supply, D4 Performance, http://www.insideoutrenovations.ca , Maxima Lubricants, and my wife Kim - the best pit b*tch in the business!!!!
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Postby pillow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:32 am

Damn...sadly, it sucks, but from a marketing point of view from an outsdie sponsor...makes some sense.

It’s an interesting time here in Canadian motocross. Silly season normally concerns the riders and not the venues, but this year is different. It does look like it’s time for a change. The Pro national deck will be shuffled and old tracks will likely be involved again. Walton and Sand Del Lee will not appear on the schedule, but we’ll still be heading north of London and Walton will still mean the end of the summer, just like always.

All of this comes as the annual manufacturer’s meeting just took place this past Monday where all of these changes are discussed. Most of the above is simply conjecture and makes for an interesting discussion and we will be sure to post the new 2016 Rockstar Energy MX Nationals schedule as soon as it becomes official.

So, what about the 2-stroke rule, you ask? Well, that’s another story…
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
Brett Lee

Postby Brett Lee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 am

Walton Parts Canada TransCan August 17-21.2016

We are still on, just not part of the CMRC PRO SERIES, still doing the same format, except the Pro will be a unique format.

Right now we are laying out the Pro format with industry, creating a new purse structure, new race format and all the details for what will be the biggest outdoor motocross event in Canada.

We have all our partners from Toyota, to Parts Canada, the OEM all back and even Rockstar, who is in their fourth year with us, wanting to return.

I think we have done a good job, I know we have tried and this all gives a lot of motivation to knock one clear out of the park. I think that the series loses a lot with us out, and SDL. Ottawa Gatineua, which SDL is smack in the middle of is 1.5 Million people. The average income is very high with so many people working in the government, high bi lingual element, close to Montreal... and MX101 has worked hard on that facility and if you havent been there go.

The entire demographic argument never sits ok with me. We are really in the middle of Waterloo-Kitchner and London which represents a lot of people. Ironically London is the same size as Halifax (400 000ish) and the same distance from London as Turo is from Halifax.

Anywho, we will be on this year and circle your calendar because are very motivated to do awesome things for moto.

Here is some more demos and a interesting letter for those who still think we are in the weeds. See eveyone next season, or maybe at the dunes this weekend for Vet Fest.

From Walton Raceway:

50 kms (<30 minutes driving)
Est. 150,000 population
90 km/hr roadways with unimpeded, low density traffic.
100 kms (<60 minutes driving)

Est. 1 Million population
Waterloo coined Canada’s Tech Centre - Silcon Valleynorth
4 Major Universities and 4 Colleges
Shipping receiving centers for Major offroad distributors Motovan, Parts Canada, Royal Distributing Stores
66+ Recreational Off Road Businesses
80+ Macs Stores important to Rockstar.

150 kms (<90 minutes driving)
Est. 4 Million pop
5 of Ontario’s fastest growing urban centres
Every major urban centre west of Highway 400 except Niagara Falls and Windsor
Gateway to USA Border-Michigan via Port Huron/Detroit I94/I75 and I69
Four major Off Road Facilities located within.

200 kms (<120 minutes driving)[b][/b]
Gateway to USA border - New York via Buffalo I90
Estimated 13+ million pop.

Regional Tourism Organization 4 (RTO4) is one of thirteen regional tourism offices established by the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport in the province of Ontario and includes Huron, Perth, Waterloo and Wellington County. RTO4 has been called the “petridish of tourism development in North America” by the Canadian Tourism Commission, specifically because of its innovative, analytical and non-traditional approach to growing tourism and economic development.

The Walton Raceway is a highly unique attraction as one of the longest running motocross tracks in Canada and has been identified by RTO4 as one of our five key Demand Generators in the region. Situated in Huron County, it represents a significant tourism driver in Ontario and one that presents itself well for targeted, niche marketing to motocross and outdoor sport enthusiasts. As host of the Transcan Grand National Championship, Walton Raceway handles 75,000 to 80,000 annual day visits in addition to a variety of other regional events that draw large crowds.

They have been strategic in expanding their fan base to broaden their audience and create relevance for sponsors outside of the immediate industry to include Toyota, Valvoline, Arctic Cat and others.

Walton Raceway continues to innovate and add distinctive programming to its space including team-building and summer camps for youth. They have been recognized for these growth initiatives, including entertainment programming, and their capacity for further growth is given credibility due to support of RTO4, Celebrate Ontario and the Tourism Marketing Event Programme among others.

RTO4 has engaged with Walton Raceway for its Enabling Engagement project after identifying it as an innovative tourism product with capacity to grow significantly. Walton Raceway was already carrying out digital marketing and very much open to learning and improving their tactics via a cooperative approach with RTO4. Walton Raceway TransCan Event presents an opportunity to target a niched audience while also expanding its geographical reach (i.e.: target motorsports fans in nearby US border states) and continues to increase its reach.

Because of the potential for growth and the innovation displayed, RTO4 plans to be Walton Raceway partner in future growth and integration into the regional economy attracting national and international visitation.

David Peacock, CEO

RTO4 Inc., Waterloo, Wellington, Huron&Perth

1020 Ontario St.,Unit 6,Stratford,Ontario, N5A 6Z3

peacock@rto4.ca

(519) 271-7000
Steve101

Postby Steve101 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 am

Wow what a great opportunity for Canadian MX in 2016! With new technology and innovation at the door step and the freedom of the sports next generation leaders to be creative, I'm sure this is only the beginning of a much better sport for Canadian racers.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”