2016 - CMRC 2-Stroke Rule Changes

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

AirMail
Pink Palace All Star
Province/State: British Columbia

2016 - CMRC 2-Stroke Rule Changes

Postby AirMail » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:54 am

You had to know something was coming - thoughts?

http://www.mxpmag.com/250-two-stroke-ru ... nationals/
pillow
the ultimate god
Location: drinking margarita's on the beach...somewhere between Kits and Cabo

Re: 2016 - CMRC 2-Stroke Rule Changes

Postby pillow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Therefore, beginning at the 2016 Rockstar Energy Drink Motocross Nationals, 250 two-strokes can be used for competition by Canadians only. Additionally, riders that had an overall finish in the top five at the National series in the MX2 class within the last three years will not be eligible to compete on a 250 two-stroke.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Ok, so here is the laymans scope on it...the manufacturer's are short sighted, they have all of the ability to INCREASE there bottom line, but instead they are thinking shortsighted and looking at "what they sell" and protecting the tiny slice of pie they have, when if they wanted to they could have an increase line up for there pies...they could double there sales by bringing back an old flavour.

The powers that be at the OEM are obviously NEW to MX, to motorcycling and forgot to take history lessons when they got there MBA...

To make money at MX, you need volume...volume is shrinking, people are "resoring" old POS 2 strokes instead of buying new 4 strokes...while the manufacturer's THINK they are making more $ selling 4 stroke parts, how can they be when riders say FUCK IT and quit instead of fixing blown up 250F's...

There is NO QUESTION 4 strokes can be superior when fully built, but if they were superior stock or in the hands of a provateer "everman" rider then we would NOT be having this bullshit rule come out.

Leadership is needed at the OEM's to sit back and look at past balance sheets, volume's and consumer's...what they are doing now, it's not working.

I had a friend want to buy a new streetbike, he is a Honda fan, looked at EVERYBIKE in there line up and said fuck it, he would rather NOT RIDE and wait to see what the future brings then buy something now...

Serious true story, he will MISS A YEAR OF RIDING because the line is vanilla and missing what the consumer wants...and if next year sucks, he will miss another year.

Same could be said for every rider who would go ride again that doesn't want a thumper and is buying that POS old 2 stroke and saving it.

Racing is a buiness...sometimes people gotta remember that, business is based on vilume and if I remember right...were the gates full at every round?

Didn't think so...
http://www.truxxx.com

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a
jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
-George S. Patton

Somebody stole my 2008 CRF250R ~ vin # JH2ME102X8K410130
moer
Province/State: Quebec

Postby moer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:56 pm

I think what the oem really want is to be able to be competitive. For them to go racing they want every championship contender to be on the same equipment. And right now the equipment is a 250 4 stroke in the MX2 class. They say ok no problem privateers can be racing on 2 strokes if they want but if you want us to put money to go racing we all need to be racing the same bike. They want to champion to be determined on the track not in a meeting trying to negotiate what can be done on the 2 strokes for next year. With this rule all oem can go into next season knowing that they all have the bike (250 4 stroke) that will win the championship. We have to be thankful that they let privateers same a ton of money by racing a 2 strokes not bitching because they make sure a 250 4 strokes will win the 250 4 strokes class. Why mx2 is a 250 4 strokes is another subject but if change as to be made you can be sure that it will not be the CMRC who will be calling the shot to the Japanese.

We have to be realistic, Canadian national championship have almost nothing to do with dirt bike sale, even in Canada. Yes more and more people are buying 250SX but this is because of the global buzz over 2 strokes and because almost everybody (really how many guys have finished top 5 in the last 2 years and want to BUY a 2 strokes) can race them in the mx2 class. I remember 10-15 years ago I was working in a Honda dealer and we can't have enough CRF450 for everybody while 250 2 strokes were collecting dust in the showroom. All this while JSR was dominating on his 2 strokes.
killerdwarf
Province/State: Ontario

Postby killerdwarf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:30 pm

10-15 yrs ago, a 450 four stroke was the new flavour of the day. Everyone had to try it, myself included. Some of us didnt like the after taste.
WEC #717
pillow
the ultimate god

Postby pillow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 pm

We have to be realistic, Canadian national championship have almost nothing to do with dirt bike sale, even in Canada. Yes more and more people are buying 250SX but this is because of the global buzz over 2 strokes and because almost everybody (really how many guys have finished top 5 in the last 2 years and want to BUY a 2 strokes) can race them in the mx2 class. I remember 10-15 years ago I was working in a Honda dealer and we can't have enough CRF450 for everybody while 250 2 strokes were collecting dust in the showroom. All this while JSR was dominating on his 2 strokes.

I'll buy your argument, I had the first KTM 520SX in the country and guys teased me about having a trailbike...10 years ago we all thought 4 strokes were just fast XR's...reliable, simple and tons of fun...what a load of shit that was when it came to what they really were, especially 250F's.

I still think it's stupid, I think Yamaha and KTM obvioulsy want to win on a 250F, but they want to WIN more than they care whether the bike is 2 stroke or 4 stroke...not officially of course, but...

If 2 strokes were dead, Yamaha wouldn't have come out with the new YZ250 off road bike and KTM wouldn't have completley redesigned the 125/150 engine...an engine I know was perfectly working already...

Yes I am painting myself into a corner, yes I am sounding retarded and old school but I am not looking at it from one view point...

I am now on the sidelinesafter spending years on the inside and I get to hear things now I never would have heard before, because now I get to here things from the people who "want to participate" but can't...the mainstream motorcycle industry isn't providing them with a door in...

-George S. Patton

moer

Postby moer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:52 pm

I don't think 2 strokes are dead. I think they are coming back. My point is that this exact rule as helped bring back the 2 strokes a couple years ago. Ok 2 strokes won't win any nationals next year but at the end of the day everyone except 2-3peoples that don't even pay for their bikes still can have them if they want. This rule is not to kill 2 strokes, it's to make sure 99% of people are still able to buy a 2 strokes and race it in the mx2 class.

2 strokes don't need to be winning in pro racing to come back. They only need to be a good option for the average joe and right now they are.

2 stokes are still available to buy new
Privateers still can race the series on a 2 strokes
Amateur still can race a 2 strokes in mx2
We will still hear and smell a shit load of 2 strokes at the nationals
Benoit has already made it clear that with equal displacement 2 stokes are better
moer

Postby moer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:55 pm

killerdwarf wrote:10-15 yrs ago, a 450 four stroke was the new flavour of the day. Everyone had to try it, myself included. Some of us didnt like the after taste.

Flavour of the day back then and now as little to do with who win the Canadian championship. Good thing is some of you still can buy 2 strokes, race them and see them at pro level. They will just not be winning.
as82
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby as82 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm

So lets say I'm a Canadian...who hasn't done well at a national so far.

I enter round 1 on a two stroke....and go 1-1 (winning).

What do I do round 2, 1 rule says I can't enter again on my two-stroke, and a different rule says I have to ride the same type of bike for the whole series?

The rule is saying we want to allow privateers...we just don't want to allow them to win? And winners don't ride two-strokes!!
WTF does being Canadian have to do with anything?

Much confusion and weirdness with this rule.
pillow
the ultimate god

Postby pillow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm

So lets say I'm a Canadian...who hasn't done well at a national so far.

I enter round 1 on a two stroke....and go 1-1 (winning).

What do I do round 2, 1 rule says I can't enter again on my two-stroke, and a different rule says I have to ride the same type of bike for the whole series?

The rule is saying we want to allow privateers...we just don't want to allow them to win? And winners don't ride two-strokes!!
WTF does being Canadian have to do with anything?

Much confusion and weirdness with this rule.

Never even thought of that...but if the powers that be are forced to run thumpers, you don't stand a chance on the start with the 55HP they are going to pull out of them for 34 minutes...and the start is the most important part of the race #-o

I just don't agree with the rule at all...run what you brung, may the best rider win :!

-George S. Patton

Return to “motoRcross chat:”