2016 - CMRC 2-Stroke Rule Changes

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

malachi77
Province/State: British Columbia

Re: 2016 - CMRC 2-Stroke Rule Changes

Postby malachi77 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:52 pm

The rule changes are fine with me....except for the "only Canadian's can run the 250 stroke". THAT is one stupid fricken rule that'll have repercussions. #-o #-o
berno
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby berno » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:52 pm

The 'Only Canadians' rule is a stupid way to say there aren't any new Canadian pros on the rise and they don't want some unknown kid from the US to ruin it all for the manufacturers.... I get it but...
eddie
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby eddie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Canadian only rule ....

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry

adjective: discriminatory

making or showing an unfair or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people or things,

hopefully cmrc and Honda ran this by their legal departments to make sure its all on the up and up .... #-o :lol:
sybro

Postby sybro » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:41 am

as82 wrote:So lets say I'm a Canadian...who hasn't done well at a national so far.

I enter round 1 on a two stroke....and go 1-1 (winning).

What do I do round 2, 1 rule says I can't enter again on my two-stroke, and a different rule says I have to ride the same type of bike for the whole series?

The rule is saying we want to allow privateers...we just don't want to allow them to win? And winners don't ride two-strokes!!
WTF does being Canadian have to do with anything?

Much confusion and weirdness with this rule.

I'm confused, what rules says you can't run a 2 stroke after winning 1 round ?
moer
Province/State: Quebec

Postby moer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:14 am

eddie wrote:Canadian only rule ....

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry

adjective: discriminatory

making or showing an unfair or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people or things,

hopefully cmrc and Honda ran this by their legal departments to make sure its all on the up and up .... #-o :lol:

Lets try this:
positive discrimination
noun
the ​act of giving ​advantage to those ​groups in ​society that are often ​treated unfairly because of ​their ​race, ​sex, etc.

Again, we are talking about a 250 4 strokes class. They want the racing up front to be 250f only. This rule is to help privateers and local pro lower their racing cost. American still can race, they are just too fast to be on the cheater/cheaper bike. Can you name me one Canadian that can be in a championship battle who have not finished top 5 overall in the past 3 years?
Hayes in 2016 and Decotis in 2015 are 2 great example why this accommodation rule is not available for Americans.

Why in the hell are you all bitching about this. If 10 local pro and privateers are on the gate with 2 strokes next year will it be better that no 2 stokes at all? They don't want any championship contender on a 2 stokes for now on but they still let some guys race it if they want to save some money.

Will a rule saying that 250 strokes can't race in the mx2 class will really be better? Yes I understand it sucks for a couple American privateers but they still can race. Only the will need a 4 strokes bike, just like if they were racing the national championship at home.
sano1

Postby sano1 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:36 am

this right here is why Canadian mx is a joke around the globe folks...no other series in the world would limit one class and one bike to their countrymen only. when I was 16 I started writing for mxp mag, the very first article I wrote was about how the lites class in Canada should be Canadian only and how American were taking all the rides. the reason I wrote the article was because I knew that it was cause for people to have an opinion, read my pieces every time I wrote and it got the ball rolling. truly I don't think the lites class should be limited to Canadians, I think factory teams should have to employ 1 Canadian lites rider along with any other country they choose. anyways, this rule is complete and utter horse shit!!! to the manufacturers who continue to build a competitive 2 stroke good on you, the ones who don't if its a problem which obviously it is get your shit together and build one!
moer
Province/State: Quebec

Postby moer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:53 am

sano1 wrote:this right here is why Canadian mx is a joke around the globe folks...

We are talking about CMRC. 15 years ago they won a battle against CMA and not much as changed since then. Winning a battle against the CMA is like winning the special Olympics, you won but your still retard.

But by the Canadian standard this is a good rule. Historically they will either just say fuck it and banned 250 2 strokes or forget that some fast guys can come and be a championship contender in their first years and now the rule would have become discriminatory rule against regular Canadian racers.

Remember the Supermotocross, they will force young foreign to ride 450 and only invite racers that they think Canadians can beat in the 450/international class.
as82

Postby as82 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:45 pm

sybro wrote:I'm confused, what rules says you can't run a 2 stroke after winning 1 round ?

Turns out I was confused I misread overall series win as an overall event win....Still a dumb rule to force winners onto a four stroke.
motomoto
Province/State: Ontario

Postby motomoto » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Just for your interest. The main reason CMRC crushed the CMA was because the CMA would not let the industry have a seat on their board of directors which they requested in 1992.
CMA had a distrust of the Industry and would not kowtow to them in any way. CMRC where in the right place at the right time, got in bed with the industry and the rest is history.

Return to “motoRcross chat:”