Chad Reed Fined $5000 and Docked 5 Points

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

bigwave
the ultimate god
Province/State: Ontario

Chad Reed Fined $5000 and Docked 5 Points

Postby bigwave » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:30 pm

What are your thoughts on this St Louis Supercross penalty?

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"
as82
Province/State: British Columbia

Re: Chad Reed Fined $5000 and Docked 5 Points

Postby as82 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:29 am

Penalty doesn't matter....it was a slap on the wrist just to show they did something. They couldn't make it so big that Chad would fight it, because it would be hard to prove intent, and he did hold his line like the slow riders are supposed to. There are 2 sections to the rule, 1 says pull over and 2 says hold your line....so there is ambiguity....hard to throw the book at him.

Everyone knows Chad did it on purpose, but its not what you know, its what you can prove. Dungey talked badly about Reed....the most stuborn guy around....with nothing to lose....and it bit him.

I don't think its as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Dungey MAYBE...big maybe there would have caught ET3....but he wasn't going to get around him in the time left. As it stands RD1 gets to go into Seattle with some confidence that he can keep pace. Seattle is going to be full of ruts and it will be easy to make mistakes for either rider, although Dungey has a history of less mistakes.

Hopefully Chad is done interfering, I think he made his point....now we can get back to racing and a great tight end of season.

Maybe Barcia and Reed can find each other in the back pack, I'd love to see chad holding barcia back for a couple laps ;)

Return to “motoRcross chat:”