MRC?

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

klassic

MRC?

Postby klassic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Someone cool fill me in. I need to stay relevant...
I’m not as hip to the scene as I once was. Fall of 2005 is the last year I slung a leg over an MX machine :cry: :cry:
What happened to Stally and his 3 ring circus??
Or direct me to a link.
IT WAS ALL STOLEN!!!!!
as82
Province/State: British Columbia

Re: MRC?

Postby as82 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:45 pm

I'll start off by saying all I know is what I've seen online....so its probably all wrong...but here goes....

Jetwerx/MRC worked behind the scenes to get rockstar, the title sponsor at the time of CMRC to endorse the MRC series and NOT the CMRC series. Jetwerx/MRC also won over a number of factory teams with incentives and a 6 figure prize at the end of the series.

CMRC was in a bad way with no title sponsor and the factory teams looking to the MRC series. Rather than just letting CMRC die over time in a fight that would hurt both series, jetworks/MRC worked a deal with CMRC to buy them out.

So now NATIONALLY there is 1 sanctioning body in the game, running a triple crown consisting of AX MX and SX. You can lookup those details on their page.

Walton is back as the loretta lynn of Canada after missing a year at the amateur level.

At the BC amateur level where I am....there is still some fighting between promoters and events. The sanctioned promoter here has had some challenges with the unsanctioned promoter pushing pretty hard. I'm hoping the stability seen at the national level will trickle down the the amateur level. I think most regions are figured out...its just us BC guys who can't race without drama I guess.

IMHO Jetwerx/MRC has done a great job of promoting the series. Getting TV and live stream deals that are better than what I've seen previously. Racing has been good even if the dirt keeps fighting us. I suspect that the MX series will get more attention from pro riders than the AX series has (maybe some of them didn't get the memo its part of the $100,000 series), I have heard there are some big guns coming to race.

I didn't really start paying attention to Canadian moto till about 4 years ago, and this is the best I've seen it at the pro level. Admittedly there are a guys with more history than me, more info than me, but that's what I know and I don't hear any one else typing.
klassic

Postby klassic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks As... do you know if Stally is still involved at all?
Does he hold any rights to the TV part of the Nats. Or just sitting back letting his moustache grow and trading in the viper.

Who’s sending the boys to MXDN?
What happened to CMX?
How is Marilyn Bastedo looking these days?
With no Ama Sx in TO, what’s Andy Bokma going to do.

Does Don Davidson still ride?
IT WAS ALL STOLEN!!!!!
as82

Postby as82 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:11 pm

I do not believe Stallybrass is involved at all. From the reading I've done they used language like he'll have time to pursue other interests...meaning to me his interests in motocross have been liquidated. Could very well be wrong though.

MXDN is being driven by Kourtney LLoyd and Cycle North as the driving force keeping our nations hopes alive.

I'll have to leave the other questions to those with a little more experience.
as82

Postby as82 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 am

https://soundcloud.com/user-482692938/j ... ss-podcast

I'd suggest you give this podcast with the owner of the new series a listen.
oldguy

Postby oldguy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:01 am

Yup, I'm still around. Haven't been out this year as the weather and other things have delayed my getting out. Too frikkin cold for these old bones. Should get out late May if all goes well. This will be my 50th season. Got a new bike last year that needs exercising, doesn't like being left on the stand. Nice to see someone is interested in the old fart, thanks.

Don
klassic

Postby klassic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Wow Don, 50 years. You’ve seen a lot then !

My first race was the first race for Gopher Dunes.
IT WAS ALL STOLEN!!!!!
oldguy

Postby oldguy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 pm

You certainly picked a great track for a first time. Awesome to have you line up for a first race. There is a definite need for first timers, regardless of age or skill level as the skills generally improve the more you ride. Of course, older first timers are more than welcome as long as they finish behind me at the finish line, lol.
klassic

Postby klassic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:50 pm

One of my favourite memories was watching Ricky Joseph and Pomeroy battling at Copetown...I think Jr A. Out front by 45 seconds swapping the lead over and over.
IT WAS ALL STOLEN!!!!!

Return to “motoRcross chat:”