London Motoplex

Discussion on Tracks on places to ride

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

cr_85_2003

London Motoplex

Postby cr_85_2003 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:10 pm

Is this thing still open? Just saw it on the web and its gotta be closed. Anyone fill me in?
minifig-phil

Postby minifig-phil » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:51 am

It's been closed for years!
I'm looking for Aftermarket or NOS parts for a '82 YZ80J like DG, DMC etc. Whatever you have Please contact me.
quartermain

Postby quartermain » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:55 am

The motoplex was awsome...I still want to see the trophy that had all the class champions on it so i could, "show it to my grandchildren some day."
ki
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:40 pm

The guys that used to run that track ride at Innerkip alot, said it was way too expensive to keep it going :cry:
quartermain

Postby quartermain » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 pm

How many of you guys still have your motoplex cards? It was a lifetime membership!
ki
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Hmmmm, Do I suspect a little bit of take the money and run here?
MxTrack

Postby MxTrack » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:28 am

Killerdwarf

Hmmm didn't one of the guys tell you that it was expensive to run. Believe me I know Bobby and Guy and they DID NOT take everyones money and run. They put thier heart and sole into Motoplex and you don't understand what rules and regulations can do to a business that is heavily regulated by muncipality. Motoplex was subject to keep the air quaility to standards that was costing them thousand and thousand of $$$$$$ to keep up with the muncipal guidelines.
ki
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:10 pm

MX TRACK- I wasnt insinuating or anything like that, it was just a simple question. Yes I have met them on many occasions, and they do seem rather bummed about the costs, and political bullshit which eventually forced them to close.
m-17

Postby m-17 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:59 pm

If someone tried something like that again in ON, would it be better to put it out in some rural area that was still hwy accessible? Would this avoid the hassles of big (medium?) city bylaws and regulations?

Real estate might be cheaper too. NEMX isn't in a big urban centre and it seems to be working for them. (Partly because of all the S. Ont. riders who make the long trip to get there.)

Could an indoor facility work in ON? (Maybe on Indian land like Eagle's Nest and SCR?) The Dunneville and London experiments both failed -- is that the end of the idea for S.O.?

Return to “Tracks”