Burlington Area Trails

Discussion on Tracks on places to ride

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

dave2step

Burlington Area Trails

Postby dave2step » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:07 pm

I'm new here, so please don't shoot me if this has been asked a million times already. I read through all of the topics, and didn't see anything specific to Burlington, so I figured I'd ask the question ... Are there any trails and/or riding facilities in the Burlington area?

I've been riding a buddy's CR250 up at his cottage for a while, and just bought myself a bike a few months ago. Since the cottage is 3+ hours away, I'm looking for places a little closer to home to ride.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!
Dirt Dog

Postby Dirt Dog » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:14 am

Well as for the Semi-Legal riding areas, I can list a few.

4th Line/Dorval in Oakville, Good MX Track
Burlington Clay Pits, not much worth riding but close by...
Hwy 5 and 6 Clappson Corners, Crappy MX Track and trails
Bronte and the 407 (old Burnanthorp Rd.), a lot of trails and creek crossings
Milton Clay Pits, same as Burlington...
Speyside and Hwy 25 in Milton, lots of trails

Don't come crying to me if you get busted by the 5.0 in any of these places, ride at your own risk 8)
06 RM250
dave2step

Postby dave2step » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Dirt Dog wrote:Don't come crying to me if you get busted by the 5.0 in any of these places, ride at your own risk 8)

I guess that's fair :lol:

Have you ever had an problems with the cops in those areas? I'll have to take a drive sometime soon to see if I can find these trails.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Dirt Dog

Postby Dirt Dog » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:12 am

[/quote]

I guess that's fair :lol:

Have you ever had an problems with the cops in those areas? I'll have to take a drive sometime soon to see if I can find these trails.

Thanks for the suggestions![/quote]

Dorval never, never seen the cops in there in 15 years... but last year Hydro put up a bigass fence to block off the entrance, a reaction to all the fuckin idiots dumping garbage on the lands. Now most people drive in off of 4th line into the back of the track.

All the other places are heat, some more than others, I wouldn't say you'll get busted, but keep in mind your trespassing, and if you 'choose' to stick around and chat with the local constabulary your fair game for about $2000 bucks in fines if they really want to be dicks about it :eek:
06 RM250
CUZN IT
Pink Palace All Star
Province/State: Ontario

Postby CUZN IT » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:42 am

beida's and eagle's nest aren't to far from you
palette123

Dorval

Postby palette123 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:08 pm

When you say that its a MX track type..... Is it like 3 bumps of gravel, 2 pot holes type or has someone actually done some work and made a rideable area? Just looking to find a close spot to run over and ride at after a work night.
paul
Province/State: Ontario

Postby paul » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:01 pm

I allmost got nialed at the burlington clay pits its a huge heat score burninthorp and the 407 is a sweet place to ride but last time i was there people were pullin wheelys up and down the road and some lady called the cops. clapsons corner ive only been there once and there was no problems there plus there is a quary across the road that ataches to the bruce trail and thats pretty fun to rip. Ive never even heard of the other place but im all ways up to finding new places to ride. Are the other places heat scores?
SNOWMAN

Postby SNOWMAN » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:12 pm

there is big heat at the speyside trails soemtimes, and other times you are fine, i have ridden there lots and only seen the cops a couple times, but i know people have been busted there plenty, plus lots of keggers at night in the spring,summer,fall in there
1999 KTM300EXC
Dirt Dog

Re: Dorval

Postby Dirt Dog » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:31 am

palette123 wrote:When you say that its a MX track type..... Is it like 3 bumps of gravel, 2 pot holes type or has someone actually done some work and made a rideable area? Just looking to find a close spot to run over and ride at after a work night.

Dorval is mint for afterwork. The track has been there for 30 years in various forms and is more than just 2 pot holes and a bunch of gravel! Nice natural sandy MX track with massive berms and whoops the size of Volkswagens! A good endurance track for sure.
06 RM250

Return to “Tracks”