Burlington Area Trails

Discussion on Tracks on places to ride

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

metal_mulisha_troop

Postby metal_mulisha_troop » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:39 am

i like riding speyside i didn't get a chance to go there last summer but the one before i must of rode 5 or six times there it's nice to rip around for a few hours. never had a problem with the cops but have seen security once. usually if you park in at the bottom of the hill by a fire pit you should be alright. also the burlington claypits once...except the red mud didn't come off my bike for about a year i'll never go back..my buddy was charged with leaving two vehicles in the parking lot of the school because of the trailer for the bikes, it was considered a vehicle too so he had to pay for both to get it out of the impound or whatever. i'd like to take a look at the other places you guys mentioned as well.
sold the bikes...all about the BMW now
schrites240

Postby schrites240 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:16 pm

Well I just got back from Riding at the Bronte and 407 Trails and I wouldnt recommend going there again! I guess its used for horseback riding and the owners came out after us and were screaming that the bikes scared the horses and there was an incident with a little girl getting scared on the horse.

We complied with everything they said and followed them to there barn where they called the cops cause its all private property.

Finally were loading up the bikes and the cop came and turned out to be THE HOTTEST COP IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!! Well she was real cool and was super nice to us but she had to give us 2 tickets for trespassing because the owner wanted to lay charges or something. So we got let off easy and she said that she also had a soft spot for Jeep Owners!!

I was really diggin her.

So Yeah, Dont go there i guess. The owners a real Bitch!
What Would Tyler Durden Do?
yz250f

Postby yz250f » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:20 pm

cops on atv's, who would have thought? I guess that there really trying to crack down. A few buddys of mine went up to the trails in waterdown like they've done a bunch of times before, but this time they got chased by cops on atvs, luckly the cops can't ride worth shit and they got back to the house with no signs of pigs. NO more riding up there for me even tho they said it was kind fun being chased. I'm sticking to tracks and places that your actually allowed to ride.
RIDE ON!
Dirt Dog

Postby Dirt Dog » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:06 pm

Yeah the lady that runs the horse ranch is a friggin spaz. The horse trails are up close to the farm and the ATV trails are down in the creek. At no time are riders/horses close enough to cause an incident like that. And plus, anyone with half a brain knows you shut the bike off when you see people on horseback coming towards you.

Last year I was down there parked on the road and her tool-bit husband Chief Wiggum comes over and starts taking pictures of my truck, license plate, and me. I politely informed them that I had already spoken to the owner earlier (Farmer) of the land in question, (which the Ranch people don't own) and had verbal permission from the Farmer to ride along the outside of the fields to get to the Ravine trails.

Well buddy keeps clicking away takin my pictures like he's magnum freakin PI about to solve some caper, gets all up in my face when I ask him to stop, and informs me that he is sending these pictures to our local MP to document the destructive environmental damage we're inflicting on the countryside by riding along side tilled farm fields. :roll:

Some people.... :-?
06 RM250
James

Postby James » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:14 am

2 years ago they called the cops on me and a friend. 2 cruisers show up. Same deal though, farmer said no problem so they couldn't do anything. I haven't been back since. Last year I went by there and there were signs stating it was "Enviromentally protected". Drove past it a couple of weeks ago and it looks like if fenced off. That riding area was useable for years. As soon as those horse people moved in it was over!
Dirt_bag

Postby Dirt_bag » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Had to bring this back up... Time for an update maybe? Whats still around whats not.

So I cant find speyside dr. I've heard from a buddy that the place is just 5 minutes away from Blue Springs golf course.

Here is a link on gogle earth to a quarry thats off hwy 25 but its a ways away from blue springs, its past Hwy 50.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Speyside+dr+acton&ie=UTF8&ll=43.688372,-80.124922&spn=0.004151,0.008669&t=k&z=17&om=1

If anyone can give me directions to this spot that would be great. I'm going to see If I can find it tomorrow Sunday. Take my bike and a 4 wheeler.

Dave.
cbstryker
Province/State: Ontario

Re: Burlington Area Trails

Postby cbstryker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:57 am

Well I think this thread news to be resurrected.

Does anyone know the current status of these places? As of June 2009 that is.
James

Postby James » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 am

Can't ride at either place without getting cops called on you.
chadta

Postby chadta » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:56 pm

i ride at 5 and 6 all the time

its nothing special, but its close and good to get away for an hour during the week

Return to “Tracks”