Indoor Track in Port Huron, Mi

Discussion on Tracks on places to ride

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

mx85canada

Indoor Track in Port Huron, Mi

Postby mx85canada » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Has anyone heard when the Indoor MX track at PH will be opening?
They have limited info on there webste.
bitteroldman

Re: Indoor Track in Port Huron, Mi

Postby bitteroldman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 pm

There is a thread on this facility . Check out www.vitalmx.com I believe they said a couple weeks. They have nice deal worked out with the local Holiday Inn from what I read.
McIntyre78

Postby McIntyre78 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Just there yesterday the track is pretty fun and really close to the border.
Drew...#782
OTHG56

Postby OTHG56 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 am

can you advise how it compares to ... say... Tillsonburg (I know Tillsonburg is much smaller, but we were there last Monday, always a good time on a weekday, very few crowds... got lots of riding in (over 2 hours for the day on the "hourmeter") ... would size be comparable to NorthEast MX track in Andover, Ohio? (it's about 60,000 sq ft) .... also, some friends went to Wallaceburg recently, looks a little sketchy and unsure whether they will be around for long? and finally Mototown USA, any comments on it? (it seems to be the biggest indoor venue and maybe worth a trip this winter
we have a group of 6-10 planning to go to Port Huron December 29/30 for some riding... any confirmation on the Holiday Inn deal?

...so many questions, so little time to ride - would love some feedback re jumps, enjoyment level, etc for a bunch of "older" junior and Vet riders..

Peter
OTHG56
"Over The Hill Gang # 56"
russty

Postby russty » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm

OTHG56 - here's my thoughts from both new tracks.
Went down to Port Huron on a Friday around 5pm, it wasn't very busy according the owner, however the fumes hit you like a ton of bricks the second you enter. The physics behind keeping the dome up limit venting to ground level fans, unfortunately not enough to remove the smoke. The track it self is wide but not very big. Much bigger than Tillsonburg but still smaller than NEMX.... quite a bit smaller.

We then went over to Wallaceburg. Great layout, longer lanes, but narrower than Port Huron and NEMX. No issues with venting and crowds were minimal. (there were just 5 bikes when I went)
I don't think there's an issue with Wallaceburg closing up, they've been there for over 18months now, and don't seem to 'need' the revenue from others to keep it going. Anyway, I would suggest either renting NEMX, going down to Wallaceburg or if you feel like driving 4 times as long... hitting up Mototown.
OTHG56

Postby OTHG56 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:05 am

russty -thank you for your clear, concise comments.... I understand your comments about the fumes.... when wwe were at Tillsonburg last week the ventilation wasn't as good as we normally remember - we ended up coughing here and there.....maybe we'll change our schedule slightly to ride one day at Port Huron and the second day at Wallaceburg (both are new tracks to me...) and NEMX ... wasn't planning to ride there this year (with the expectation that Port Huron is closer and would be at least as good) but maybe NEMX will go back on the schedule for at least one ride this winter...
and MototownUSA .... a dream at this point, but maybe need to find a long weekend to check it out...

thanks again for the comments

Peter "OTHG56"
mx85canada

Postby mx85canada » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Not familiar with NEMX? Some one give me a link please!
If anyone is interested ProSourcesuzuki.com and you will find a great indoor track that is roughly the size of Chesterman's but is fully heated and has no ventilation problems. They actually water the track when needed. This place is a little south of Detroit and easy to find.
OTHG56

Postby OTHG56 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am

sorry for the delay - here's the link:

http://www.nemx.webpointusa.com/

limited heat there, but the track is approx 3 times as big as Chestermans... can actually stretch teh legs on a CRF450 a bit... I would certainly recommend it ... pm me for more details when i can expand on comments
Peter
moto_chick6

Postby moto_chick6 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

just to add if anyone forgot, theres a new indoor track opening up in quebec, 80 000sq ft dome. They say it will be done end of february. Also 3 outdoor tracks, snowcross track, freestyle course, ice road course and other stuff.

www.xtown.ca

Return to “Tracks”