Starting a new MX FACILITY (serious)

Discussion on Tracks on places to ride

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

WaffleFryOfDOOM
Province/State: Florida

Starting a new MX FACILITY (serious)

Postby WaffleFryOfDOOM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello everyone I have been looking to start my own high end training facility for quite some time now. Ive also looked at buying an established track outright but the deal just never worked out to both parties satisfaction and I was sacrificing long term success for an immediate turn key place that really need lots of infrastructure and a complete turn around...

I would absolutely consider a partner but I do not need one, Im an ex pro car racer, owned a shop, owned an exotic car rental company, have a pro coaching/development driving school and have managed a road course as well. While my dream has to have always owned my own road course I do not have the 7m$ I have projected for it but I do have just enough $$$$ and other experience to have a place that will go toe to toe with the best out there.

My problem for the past 6mo has been finding the property. I have looked everywhere except CA. All these great spots are either 50acres and surrounded by neighbors who will surely complain regardless of township zoning or noise freedoms or they are mega parcels that are perfect except they are 3hr drives from major areas. I have no interest in Florida or Georgia, and north east doesn't appeal either as this should be a 12mo a yr operation.

Im going to have it all, used dealership, legit race shop, full gym, pool, rv hookups, cottage rentals etc etc etc. I could use someone who is an ex pro or aspiring pro to help with coaching as id rather handle all the business side of things.

Which area should I focus? What 3hr radius of major cities should I focus on? Where would have the biggest draw for people to come ride for a week at a time or longer? Racers or just families that are willing to spend $$$ for a quality riding experience? 5k riders in an area that has no money won't help obviously

****Ive run numbers and have all the business experience to know im not going to get rich off this but besides race cars this is my true life calling, I can be happy running this place for the next 30yrs. So hold your tongue on "mx tracks don't make money" or "shoulda done It 20yrs ago when the industry wasn't in the shitter"

Return to “Tracks”