Roger DeCoster

for those who have memories they want to cherish and re-live...or just forgot how bad the old bikes really were!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

Motomen125

Re: Roger DeCoster

Postby Motomen125 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Dave, was talking to a few friends at the races last week, they live by Zoar, everything is still there, just all growin in.The tower and everything, he said you can still make out the uphill horseshoe, its still very isolated, he said he heard a group was interseted in to bring it back to its glory, not that would be cool. It might bring me out of retirement. John.
Dave McGregor

Postby Dave McGregor » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 am

That would be awesome if they reopened that place up. I would go back there in a minute! Now the modern motocrosser would hate the place..........not enough jumps and too steep of hills! I remember the first time I went to Zoar it was fall 1976 I was in the 100cc class and I got the holeshot in the firt moto and had a good lead but I would lose it every lap when we went up that big hill (A hill). After the race I came back to the pits and my dad asks me why did I keep going to the top of the hill you only had to go 1/2 way up!!! I will have to take a drive down there the next time I'm out east.
Thanks Dave
Motomen125

Postby Motomen125 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:52 am

Dave, I will try to keep you posted on Zoar. I doubt it will happen but hey you never know. So were do you live now? Still ride? My life still revolves around MX, only my 14 yr olds career. He is a top local B racer. I was broke when i raced, some things never change. Good day!

Return to “Old SchOoL MoTo...”