RIP - Harvy Mushman

for those who have memories they want to cherish and re-live...or just forgot how bad the old bikes really were!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

justpinit
pink palace legend
Province/State: British Columbia
Location: Sitting in a pile of aluminum chips with a princess auto dremel

RIP - Harvy Mushman

Postby justpinit » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:19 am

These guys are gone...we are not.

Anyone here know the "Harvy Mushman" thing???

Scroll down when you hit the link and watch the short video :! :!

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/d ... FF449F5F29
steve66

Re: RIP - Harvy Mushman

Postby steve66 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Harvey Mushman was Steve McQueens alias for the elsinore gp as seen on 'On any Sunday', but I don't know where he got the idea for the name from.
ImageVic Armijo pic
HAMMERTIME
the ultimate god
Location: watching the AMA lites then going to a CMRC Nat is like a steak dinner compared to a spam breakfast

Postby HAMMERTIME » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:08 pm

steve...your the best. i always forget about all the forums other than the main board. since i posted here 20 minutes ago....i've been going mental on the harvey mushman thing....i knew i knew it...but..

your tough man!
flapper
Pink Palace All Star

Postby flapper » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 pm

I read a story about how McQueen had to use the alias Harvey Mushman,because the movie execs really disliked him riding and especially racing dirt bikes.I think that it was him and Bud Ekins who came up with the name for him to use when he raced....there was a little reason behind the name but can't remember...
just do something.. even if its wrong!!
steve66

Postby steve66 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am

Thanks Rick,I've seen 'On any Sunday' so many times it's embedded in my mind,when I was a kid my buddy and I would watch it then get on our little xr80's and out into the fields behind his house to go riding after being 'inspired' by the movie. ...ole Malcolm's hillclimb was one of my favorite parts,Smith showed some great skills throughout the movie :! ..........Flapper,agreed about the movie exec's displeasure, that's mentioned in the movie about how they were 'having a coronary' if they found out about McQueens dangerous hobby!
ImageVic Armijo pic

Return to “Old SchOoL MoTo...”