Old as Dirt.....

for those who have memories they want to cherish and re-live...or just forgot how bad the old bikes really were!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

justpinit
pink palace legend
Province/State: British Columbia
Location: Sitting in a pile of aluminum chips with a princess auto dremel

Re: Old as Dirt.....

Postby justpinit » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am

Hey guys!! Awesome collection of pics. Just getting back from a riding/camping trip, so still haven't had time to look at all of them :! :!

Maybe we can get hammer to make this a sticky along with the other one he put up there the other day. Then everybody can keep posting all the old school moto pics they have personally taken or collected off the 'net.

I think Steve66 should start an old school moto trivia thread for us. I know I've spent a couple days sometimes, trying to guess who is in his pics or the questions that go along with them :! :! How about it??
steve66

Postby steve66 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 am

dals3 wrote:Cool.

I'm going with Eddie Warren out of Michigan as #801, but I'm not too sure on that....

Saddleback is one place I REALLY wish I would have been able to ride at (or to spectate at least). There was a great post some time back in this section about Saddleback. Check it out if you haven't already.

Yep Eddie Warren he made alot of headlines in 85,I always thought those DMC kx's looked really cool,.....................I never saw Saddleback in person either it always looks impressive in photos with the dramatic elevation changes and big doubles and steps ups,you paid the price if things went wrong as Mike Beier #70 finds out in this pic,..................This 125 moto is led by former mini star #211 Troy Blake who sadly passed away just recently, RIP Troy. Imagepic scanned from mxa mag.
steve66

Postby steve66 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am

Justpinit,I'll try and post up some more stuff,I try to go for riders that are maybe not quite as well known to try and make it interesting....anybody care to try and name the players in the saddleback 250 start pic on the previous pg?......oh well I gotta go to work now,I'll check tonight.

Return to “Old SchOoL MoTo...”