Colin McRae believed killed in helicopter crash in Scotland

100% Pure Off Topic Posts...

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

JUDAS
Province/State: Ontario

Colin McRae believed killed in helicopter crash in Scotland

Postby JUDAS » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:06 pm

Just saw this on MSNBC and can say that I'm just a little more than shocked.

Here's the article: LONDON - A helicopter crashed in Scotland on Saturday and a former World Rally champion was believed to be among four people killed, police said.

Colin McRae, Britain’s most well-known rally driver, was believed to be on board the helicopter, which was owned by him and crashed in a wooded area near his home in Lanark, police said.

Police said that four people were on board the helicopter, all of whom were feared dead. The aircraft was badly burned, making it impossible for police to immediately identify the occupants.

McRae is a licensed pilot who often flies in the area, police said. It wasn’t immediately known from where the helicopter had taken off or where it was headed.

McRae was the World Rally champion in 1995 and runner-up in 1996, 1997 and 2001. He won 25 races in a World Rally Championship career that ran from 1987 to 2004.

He made intermittent appearances on the WRC circuit until 2006.

McRae, the son of five-time British rally champion Jimmy McRae, also competed in the Paris-to-Dakar rally race in 2004 and 2005 and in the Le Mans 24-hour race in 2005.

Saddly this now looks confirmed, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/15/ncopter115.xml . :cry:
"Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!"
SPRAWL

Postby SPRAWL » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:11 am

I saw this last night as well. That sucks. What a serious blow to the rally world.
If ya ain't first, yer last!
Gordkoff
the ultimate god

Postby Gordkoff » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:18 pm

So sad... i heard his son was on board too...? Big loss to the Motorsports world...

Never took himself too serious...

Cheers
Gord

http://www.bilsteincanada.com

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
steve66

Postby steve66 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Terrible news,Colin McRae always seemed like one of those down to earth type guys,whether he was doing wrc or Paris-Dakar rallies in the dirt or Lemans & porsche supercup races on the tarmac he was always charging hard, a real racer he'll be sadly missed, so unfortunate to hear his 5year old son & Colins two friends he had known since school also perished in the accident.
davis849
Ordained Minister of motoRcross

Postby davis849 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:49 pm

5 year old son...thoughts are with the family.
yall need to diversify yo bonds!
Chooch2001
I'd be lost without the circus

Postby Chooch2001 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:46 am

wow, i can't believe this...I can't believe this happened two weeks ago and I didn't hear about it! Man this suck bigtime! I feel for his wife and daughter.

Return to “NON MOTO...”