MTB Today

100% Pure Off Topic Posts...

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail

dals3
Province/State: British Columbia

MTB Today

Postby dals3 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm

MTB ride today. Left from my house. Too much snow on trails so fired off a quick 20 kms logging road. I've GOTTA get my FAT ass in shape. :oops:

mxwilly
Province/State: Ontario

Re: MTB Today

Postby mxwilly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 am

man, your scaring me with that white crap.....enough already!

20km ....... i could only pound out 6km through the bush on Sunday before i was beat..... way too long of winter!!

How do you like the Brodie.... I was considering one before I got a smoking deal on the Scott last fall.

MTB is so fun, never did much before last fall. Just bought my first set of Candy 3 pedals and going for broke! hahaha!

Hopefully you get to enjoy the trails soon!
Greg Wilhelm
CMRC #318

08 RMZ FoFiddy :)

special thanks to->
Boyd's Motorsports & Farm Supply, D4 Performance, http://www.insideoutrenovations.ca , Maxima Lubricants, and my wife Kim - the best pit b*tch in the business!!!!
dals3
Province/State: British Columbia

Re: MTB Today

Postby dals3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

All good, Greg. Sorry for the "white scare"... #-o We've had no snow in town for close to 2 months, but I live about 15 minutes out of town...straight up Iron Mountain, so we've still got a bit of the white stuff. It's going faster now though.

I love the Brodie. Its a "Climbmax". Fits me great. Almost exact same geometry as my old favourite Schwinn "Homegrown" from about 1997. I had two of those Schwinn's (a red one and a black one). That's when they released some high-end, hand-made, frames - before they were sold at places like SportCheck, Canadian Tire, etc.

The only thing about this bike that's giving me grief right now is that its a hardtail. ANY bumps, drops (small), speed stutters, etc absolutely send shivers of pain into my ankle and my knee. Not good. I've had full suspension XC bikes in the past (Marin Mt. Vision was awesome), and I'm considering switching back, but I love the feel of a quality hardtail mtb with a good wheel set, etc.

I've been riding mtb since 1992. I also got really into mtb trials for a few years (as well as street/park bmx on a 20"). It's a good time and it keeps a person in shape (well almost in shape in my case #-o ).

Fire up a couple pics if you've got 'em.

Return to “NON MOTO...”