OT: anyone for 2 wheels but no motor?

no rules!

Moderators: bigwave, AirMail, pillow

killerdwarf
Province/State: Ontario

Re: OT: anyone for 2 wheels but no motor?

Postby killerdwarf » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:40 am

Just got done watching the long vid, and all I can say is WOW!!! Sheldon, you don't know how nice you guys have it! Here to go down hill, you need to pedal, and crank up!! It can really suck sometimes, especially on a full suspension bike. I usually end up walking some of the ups, cause if you miss shift, or spin the tire, you're done! Those downed tree rides look like some pretty dangerous fun, that's for sure! Good vid :!
WEC #717
bigwave
the ultimate god

Postby bigwave » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 am

I've lived all over the place and mountain biked all over the world and, believe it or not, the ride I like the best is the 1.5 hour loop around Fanshawe Lake here in London, Ontario.
It sounds crazy, I know, but if your in this area I'll gladly take you for a loop of some of the best single-track stuff I've seen anywhere.
Cool vids.

"I'll be there taking shitty, out-of-focus pictures of my thumb and girls' bums"
dals3
Province/State: British Columbia

Postby dals3 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:15 am

ODB, yeah I'm thinking I need "rear squish" too. I don't have a sled, but EVERYONE else does. WAY more sledders than two wheelers out here. They rave about it all season and then all summer while they're peppin for winter! I thought mx was expensive...yikes.

Killerdwarf, I try not to take it for granted. Its a special place if you like outdoors activities for sure.

I don't doubt what you're saying, Billy. Believe it or not, Saskatoon, SK has some AMAZING MTB trails!!!

Glad you boys liked the vids. Now get out here and let's ride!
:!
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:33 pm

bigwave wrote:I've lived all over the place and mountain biked all over the world and, believe it or not, the ride I like the best is the 1.5 hour loop around Fanshawe Lake here in London, Ontario.
It sounds crazy, I know, but if your in this area I'll gladly take you for a loop of some of the best single-track stuff I've seen anywhere.
Cool vids.

You need to come this way Bill. The system out here is way bigger than Fanshaw, and way better. I've been told The Pines in Woodstock is real good too. I'd love to do the Blue Mountain downhill system with one of their rental bikes too. I've been told it's awesome! Once you do the DH, then you hop on your own ride, and do the cross country they have.
WEC #717
flapper
Pink Palace All Star

Postby flapper » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Dals i just rode the trail that you posted pics of,excellent ride! We have a few new trails
near my place that are about 2 1/2 hrs up and a solid 1hr down,youcan ride on a hard
tail cause no huge stunts,but more fun on something like 6&6 with lockout.

Speaking of vids i've got a couple of road riding that i took last year when i went to France right before the tour.I have one coming down AlpeD"Huez at mach chicken using every inch of the road,second guessing that foam helmet and 2mil lycra for protection lol :eek: i'll see if i can post it.I thought we had some serious mountains here but after spending 2 weeks riding in the Alps i have a new respect for the riders over there!
just do something.. even if its wrong!!
dals3

Postby dals3 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Flapper, :!

I love road bike stuff. I've had friends that have ridden Alpe D'Huez and a few other stages of the tour (off season, obviously). They are EXTREMELY fit athletes and they had their eyes opened as well. Props to you for doing that!
AirMail
Pink Palace All Star

Postby AirMail » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Great thread Sheldon! and unfortunately I do have a lot of time on my hands here in the hospital to You Tube my brains out. Living in one of the Geographical mountain bike Mecca's of this continent I spent a ton of time on my MTB and Downhill Unicycle to keep my old ass ripped and race ready! A while back when I was in your area of the south hills of Merritt I ran into the most RANDOM! intense MTB set up halfway up the hill.Who in your neck of the woods was behind that show? I also want to add that the addition of your towns skate park and very cool network of BMX jumps is something that many towns would benefit from. Good way for local youth to get their oats out and have some purpose and direction other than X-Boxes and Electronic gadgets that require potato chips and pop! Good on ya Sheldon you are a great role model for the youth of your community! :! :! :!
killerdwarf

Postby killerdwarf » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:50 am

HEY!!!! What's wrong with potato chips and pop!
WEC #717
dick

Postby dick » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 pm

I just moved out to Victoria in Aug
Got a new Devinci Dixon
Wehn to a place called Hartland, long climb up, and a tone of different trails to come down
Only got out a couple times, as I dont know anyone yet
Got 600kms on the bike on the road so far, but need to get back in the dirt
Full Susp, dirt tires, road---not as fun
Good thing in has a lock out on the back--well semi-- and 6 way on the front
Ride hard/Work hard/Stay hard

Return to “motoRcross chat:”